Fair Trade
By jfunk on
2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)
I don't mind the typical 14MPG because the Finder of Paths makes it worth it. I live where the snow comes heavy from Nov-Feb (sometimes into April), so the heavy Pathfinder and its hardcore 4WD make driving in six or more inches of snow less difficult, and on the roads I know well, downright fun. The interior is flexible and can hold a very good amount of stuff. The engine sounds great and runs very well and has just enough power for a vehicle this size. I'm glad I didnt get the 1999 with the 3.3 litre engine. I have, however, had problems with my stock stereo and the exhaust fell apart at 79,000 miles (consider the snow/salt where I live, though).
Favorite Features
Selectable 4WD. I love explaining the selector to people who've never seen one. Standard leather wheel/shift knobs. Standard heated mirrors. Separately opening glass hatch. Very adjustable seat (manually). "King of the Road" visibility. Quick acceleration. Car like steering.
Suggested Improvements
10-15MPG range. This car was designed in the late nineties, so gas was, what, $1.20/gallon? Goofy anti-pinch windows; understood for the passenger seats, but any driver that closes their own fingers in is deserving of that particular experience.