Used 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Outstanding Vehicle (3.5L LE 2 WD)
By nissan2k1

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it a month ago, vehicle garaged, serviced and well maintained by the orig. owner. I gave it 10s across the board, still trying to find flaws with the vehicle, other than the minor scratches that the vehicle was exposed to in an apartment parking lot environment for 6 months. 10's because my expectations of it are tempered by what it is. 135K miles, many newer SUVs won't run with it.

Everything about the vehicle. Engine, automatic transmission, power everything interior, exterior fit and finish.

Nissan needs to fix those sensors or make them cheaper to replace. Bose needs to fix a cd changer that has a plastic part that breaks.

I like it but...
By Colorado

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Pathfinder. It handles well, great acceleration and handling. Many comments about the oxygen sensors and it's true, however my cost to fix was almost $4,000 which included many parts along the way to the O2 sensors. Granted it was the Nissan dealer, however, beware. I have the navigation system and its great but the CD version stinks because you have to buy each area at $120 each. Fun chunky ride.

Great looks, handling and acceleration. Leather interior is classy and it cleans up well.

Really dislike the oxygen sensor issue. Although I did drive with the service engine light on for 2 years without a hitch. Brakes seem weird. Gas mileage stinks and is only getting worse as prices go up. I will have to downgrade, but not because I don't want to keep driving it.

2001 Pathfinder LE 4WD driving experienc
By '01 Pathfinder LE

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is fun to drive. It has a very ergonomic setting for gauges, sound system, and heating/cooling. It is very safe vehicle to be in when driving in all the seasons.

It has a Bose stereo system, need I say more!

For the design intent of this vehicle there is nothing you can change. It would be nice to receive better gas mileage. But with that being said, the consumer should be looking for a less powerful selection.

Solid car
By Bill

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this pathfinder since it was new and have had very few problems. The alarm goes off for no reason fairly regularly and the rear latch isn't great...you really have to slam it to make it latch. Other than that all I've done is changed fluids and brake pads. Overall I would say it's the most reliable car I've ever owned and it performs better than any other SUV I've ever driven. The sound system is excellent as well. I don't love the car, but I would advise anyone to get one.

Great stereo and plenty of power. Excellent reliability.

I get 17 mpg on the highway. Not so great.

Cant believe this is so nice
By AJ

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Even after 7 years of towing a 4500 boat, utility trailer and hauling yard supplies and people around this Pathfinder doesn't seem to skip a beat. The only problem I have had so far is O2 Sensor that needed to be replaced and squeaky belt. Other than that. Just oil, gas, and filters on a regular basis keeps her running nice. Most people who step inside are amazed how quiet and comfortable the Pathfinder is. We have received a lot of compliments on her towing ability as well. This vehicle was so good that my parents bought the 2002 model and they have had the same experience minus the O2 sensor going out. Beautiful running and well rounded SUV. Pretty quick for an SUV too.

Power, center-lock diff, interior appearance, and towing capabilities.

1. Polished wheels from the factory. Not chrome but polished. 2. Link power mirrors to the programmed seat settings. 3. Can alway use more clearance on a 4WD under the axles.