2001 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Female Perspective:Rides like a truck...
By phzcskk on 05/23/05 19:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

only worse. Didn't know it's a truck chasis-wish I'd paid closer attn @dealership. Feels like spine compresses when u go over the tiniest bump. Nowhere to put purse. Purse/any cargo-no matter where in car-rolls around, contents spill out. I put crates in back to contain groceries etc & they slide around too. Net is useless. Back hatch extremely heavy & takes all my strength to close. Passngr seat has a 1" gap between the seat & seatback. Whatever is put on seat ends up in back floor. Cupholders are too close together. Cell charger in the way when in park. CD player ate a CD while under warranty so dealer had to replace. Hi-test gas. Bad blind spots on both sides. Limited passngr legroom.

Nice to drive but MANY engine problems
By DaveT on 05/04/05 18:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this after taking a small Toyota to more than 150K miles with no troubles. Like the size, power, interior features and just about everything about the car. But I've had TERRIBLE engine troubles -- all relating to overheating. I've had the radiator replace 3 times, valves, hoses, you name it replaced at multiple dealerships in multiple states (not fun when a car breaks down on a vacation) and no one can seem to fix the problem. As I type this, it's in the shop for at least the 6th time for overheating. Rental car guy in the service area says he sees '01 Pathfinders come through ALL the time. Wish it had the reliability of my old Toyota.

Why havent you bought it yet ?
By Nick on 03/21/05 18:12 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well i just traded in my 1993 Maxima and my 1998 altima for the 2001 pathfinder. I absolutly love the truck. The 4 wheel drive is excellent, the VQ35DE engine delivers the power i was looking for, and the auto tranny is smooth as glass. i had 255 tires on mine when i got it so i was pleased. The ride is supportive and the interior is roomy. Ergonomics is nice and interior parts are not cheap feeling.

Great and fun to drive
By Marie on 02/22/05 15:39 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this SUV, it is great in the snow and looks stylish as well. I have never had one problem since I bought it, the only thing we had to do was replace the tires and get the usual maintenance.

This is a great car
By thedawk on 02/22/05 12:56 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My family and I love this car. It is absolutely great for taking on a trip. There seems to be plenty of room for a small family and any gear you want to take with you. I think this is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. We had a 95 pathfinder before this one and this one is 100% better. I pulled a 3500 lb. load with it and it handled it great. I don't have any problems with the rear seat being too small, but we have only one kid back there. This car is the perfect size, large enough to pack a family in and travel but small enough to drive around town easily and park easily.

Nice Truck
By xwingftr on 12/28/04 09:19 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ni 2001 Nissan Pathfinder is truly a great truck. I'm a performance oriented person and this truck does not disapoint. It's fun to drive, handles well, has good brakes, and its acceleration is sweet (240HP). Looking back, I should have opted for the navigation system. its reliability has been solid. I had the radiator replaced after the warranty ran out, otherwise it has been very reliable. I would recommend it as a used car purchase.

Its been great
By edeb456 on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have had this pathfinder for over a year now and it has been great. Has been extremely reliable, not a single problem. Performance from 3.5 is great, gas mileage hasnt been that bad about 17-18 mpg mixed driving around town, of course im not a lead foot. Its an SUV afterall. Paint has held up well, still looks like it is new. Overall the seat fabrics, materials and fit and finish are well above average when compared to others. AC is great, especially with hot Vegas summers. Handles like a car not like a truck. Does quite well on semi nasty offroad trails. Is very comfortable on long highway trips.

Last Nissan I'll Buy
By billbern on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Vehicle is fun to drive, ride is truck- like. Assembly was top-notch, but quality of parts is disappointing. Reliability is dismal, it has a great engine but everything else has been poor quality. Rear suspension problems and failures, electronics (six O2 sensors in 3 years, cd changer died 1 month out of warranty), brakes squeal, leather color flakes off, you name it. Vehicle spends as much time in the shop as it does on the road.

Powerful
By JPham on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder XE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 2WD model used. V6 runs like a V8 and drinks fuel like it too. Pretty confortable and roomy too.

Great buy
By nikibleu on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've purchased this vehicle brand new, this is 5 spd, 4x4. It has been very reliable with very very few minor glitches that were fixed under warranty. Would definetly recommend again.