2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
Outstanding Vehicle (3.5L LE 2 WD)
By nissan2k1 on 03/08/08 20:45 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it a month ago, vehicle garaged, serviced and well maintained by the orig. owner. I gave it 10s across the board, still trying to find flaws with the vehicle, other than the minor scratches that the vehicle was exposed to in an apartment parking lot environment for 6 months. 10's because my expectations of it are tempered by what it is. 135K miles, many newer SUVs won't run with it.

I like it but...
By Colorado on 02/19/08 14:00 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Pathfinder. It handles well, great acceleration and handling. Many comments about the oxygen sensors and it's true, however my cost to fix was almost $4,000 which included many parts along the way to the O2 sensors. Granted it was the Nissan dealer, however, beware. I have the navigation system and its great but the CD version stinks because you have to buy each area at $120 each. Fun chunky ride.

2001 Pathfinder LE 4WD driving experienc
By '01 Pathfinder LE on 01/21/08 10:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is fun to drive. It has a very ergonomic setting for gauges, sound system, and heating/cooling. It is very safe vehicle to be in when driving in all the seasons.

Solid car
By Bill on 12/27/07 16:13 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this pathfinder since it was new and have had very few problems. The alarm goes off for no reason fairly regularly and the rear latch isn't great...you really have to slam it to make it latch. Other than that all I've done is changed fluids and brake pads. Overall I would say it's the most reliable car I've ever owned and it performs better than any other SUV I've ever driven. The sound system is excellent as well. I don't love the car, but I would advise anyone to get one.

Cant believe this is so nice
By AJ on 10/09/07 21:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Even after 7 years of towing a 4500 boat, utility trailer and hauling yard supplies and people around this Pathfinder doesn't seem to skip a beat. The only problem I have had so far is O2 Sensor that needed to be replaced and squeaky belt. Other than that. Just oil, gas, and filters on a regular basis keeps her running nice. Most people who step inside are amazed how quiet and comfortable the Pathfinder is. We have received a lot of compliments on her towing ability as well. This vehicle was so good that my parents bought the 2002 model and they have had the same experience minus the O2 sensor going out. Beautiful running and well rounded SUV. Pretty quick for an SUV too.

Mine has been great
By MattMPG on 08/31/07 09:21 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been all over the eastern half of the USA in my Pathfinder and it's been great. I didn't get any check engine lights until 150,000 miles. I'm fixing the problem and keeping the truck until at least 200k. My Pathfinder is 7 years old and has no rattles and the suspension is still feels like a new car. My next car will be a Pathfinder.

Still great after 5 years
By SM on 06/27/07 11:09 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 5 years of ownership, still pleased. Have only done routine maintenance and changed tires and battery. Only issue being the 5 disc changer no longer working. Use iPod anyway, so non-issue. Performs well. Comfortable ride (well, it is a truck nor a sedan). Plenty of power. Used to drive 30 mile one way trips in Texas summer, now driven in Minnesota below zero winter, dependable either way.

Great SUV
By Doug on 06/10/07 22:30 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

His name is Walter. I have had him for 5 years and am very happy it. Like with the other reviews, my CD went out at 15k miles (covered), replaced, and went out again at 40k miles. By this time I had an iPod, so I didn't really care. At 70k miles my A/C went out, only cost $400 to replace. Tires lasted 45k miles, so I was happy with that. I was rear ended at 60k miles and the unibody construction kept me very safe. After being repaired, I have not noticed any performance or rattling problems. If I were to buy another SUV, I would definitely buy a Pathfinder. I've been very happy with it.

Not quite as reliable as it predecessor
By Mikekai on 05/23/07 10:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Previously had a 95 Pathfinder that lasted us 200K miles, this 01 seems it will last another 20-50K at best. It has a good strong 3.5 for hauling even decent loads. It is comfortable but a bit tight for a larger or taller person. Fuel economy is average for an SUV (always 15-16mpg). The inside is easy to use and get to. The 6-disc CD player was dead when we bought it at 45K miles and the dealership would not fix/replace it. This vehicle also eats through 60K mile tires every 30-35K miles even with perfect alignment and maintenance. The engine over 100K miles seems to be weakening, especially at higher RPMs (interstate). The front brakes have needed to be fixed 3 times in the past 40K miles.

Happy traveler
By NortonGuy on 04/22/07 20:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have taken the Pathfinder as our preferred vehicle on many long-distance trips (500-2500 miles). It is a very comfortable road car. Only once has it been off-road and that was equally impressive. It was a very fast dash on gravel roads in Death Valley. The only flaw is getting in and out of the vehicle requires you to be small and/or agile. Possibly the best car we've owned over 40 years.