Used 2009 Nissan Murano LE SUV Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Love my Murano
By Lore

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Murano new. I have been extremely pleased with the vehicle. I drive low miles of about 7k a year, which may account for some of my experience. From reliability to ride, I've loved it.My only complaints are the tire size is rare and you can't update the navigation yourself. Otherwise, it has been one of best vehicles I've owned. I'm only giving it up now because my kids are out of the house and I'm ready for a car. But I've had such a good experience that I'm giving the Murano to one of my kids.

Murano Mistake
By Gary Ehnes

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Tires cost double to replace and wear out twice as fast
Engine blew up at 52,000 miles while regularly maintained
Ride is bumpy due to giant skinny tires
Zero help from Nissan

Not Reliable!
By achilles5433

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Murano new and within the first year my battery died listening to music in my car for 10 mins. I had battery checked and
they said its fine. After that I made sure no interior lights or seat warmers were left on and
still got stuck 4 more times!!
Can't get rid of this car fast enough. Reliability is everything!!

Even though its awd, it's not that good in
snow compared to my other vehicles. I replaced
tires to snow tires and helped a little. But after
they changed tires, the tire maintance light went on and won't go off.

Hate the start button feature. Both my key batteries are low already. Have to go to dealership to replace. Also costs over $200 to replace if lost.

Looks nice.

Electical

My disappointments
By oldmrt

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Problems with leaking head gaskets, leaking transfer case (twice repaired), defective engine mounts and seat positioning number setting that never holds seem to be common with Murano 2009 owners and we are no exception. At 70,000 miles the car is showing all the signs of a Lemon. Up until now we were strong supporters of the Nissan line, but
when the manufacturer does not stand behind a chronic problem I think it's time to look at other manufacturers for better warranties and better quality

The seat comfort has been our favourite feature. We also enjoy the on-board computer telling us of our MPG, miles to our destination and where we are on a map are also features we enjoy and have come to expect on our next vehicle.

The biggest suggestion we have is for Nissan to improve their quality, standing behind the product when there are chronic problems/weaknesses and keeping up with other manufacturers with features offered and MPG.

Excellent SUV
By Ken

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This Murano is quite possibly the best overall vehicle I've ever had. The back-up camera is phenomenal; the keyless starter is really nice - I don't carry keys anymore. I can't believe the gas mileage - typically always around 22-23 MPG whether I use regular or premium gas. The ride is comfortable but sporty. The leather seats are firm and very comfortable. Additions like the electronic telescopic wheel just add to the overall enjoyment. You must try this one out.

rear back-up camera, bluetooth, keyless entry and starter, gas mileage for an AWD SUV, bluetooth, etc., etc., etc.

Seems rather silly, but the drink cup holders could be larger.