To Juke or not to Juke!
By osu_dtm on
2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I will say the car is fun to drive... BUT... like many other reviews... the frog does not get the gas mileage it should and a 11 gal gas tank is pathetic. I can get 26 mpg on the highway with really babying the car - meaning no quick accelerations, not going over 65, and in ECO mode. Once you hit the gas and try to pass anyone you will get 23 mpg. This is with 91 octane. I also noticed the electronic gas mile estimate is not accurate. If you do the math mileage/# of gals you will get better numbers. For example, the car states 22.8 and I am getting 23.4. Also, the interior has too much plastic, the seats are pretty stiff, and there is no arm rest which is ridiculous.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, like the look, and it performs well for being a 1.6. I also like the sound system. I have the SL - wanted the sub, fog lights, navi, rear camera, heated seats etc... which was worth the extra 3K to me.
Suggested Improvements
Needs better gas mileage, a larger gas tank, an arm rest would be great, and loose the plastic. There is also very little room in the backseat for any older kids - forget adults. I have two young kids so they can deal with this once in a while. It is really just a commute car for me. 100 miles a day and I do go to the gas station every other day... :(