2006 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Love it!!
By kate on 02/24/10 07:57 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car was purchased after my '97 Civic was rear-ended and totaled. My family owns 4 Nissans, and we have an 03 altima, so naturally i wanted what i was familiar with. This car was a no-brainer buy, and i love driving it. The radio is great, brakes, steering etc are also phenomenal. I recommend this car to everyone!

Great Buy
By M.ENGR on 09/24/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 10,000 miles, and I've put on well over 20,000 in less than a year. My gas mileage has been consistently over 30 mpg, and I've averaged almost 33 all summer. No problems at all. Great manual transmission with lots of power. Comfy ride and lots of room in back seat, even for large adults.

Love It!!
By Bryan Wickel on 04/19/08 00:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a new car and was able to pick this up from a friend that deals in used cars. I purchased it with 3200 miles on it, which makes it practically new. Absolutely love it! Very peppy for a 4 cyl. Great room and comfort. Quiet and handles like a dream. Classy looking and looks like a much more expensive car.

Perfect car for first time new car buyer
By Matt on 01/04/08 06:14 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car when I was 18 as a left over brand new. It's my first new car and I have it for 11 months now without a single problem. Fuel mileage is amazing. I don't think I've ever had under 25mpg in the city which is rare for a car of this size. 5-speed is almost to easy to drive. I think this is a perfect car for anyone who wants to buy new affordable car but doesn't want a compact.

Awesome
By Martin Brumback on 12/28/06 16:28 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned this car for about 6 months now and have no complaint excellent car would recommend to anyone the 4 cyl motor has endless power which you don,t see in many 4cyl engines

Manual clutch problems
By Mike on 12/11/06 15:04 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Clutch burns out after only 10,000 miles. Nissan disclaims all responsibility and will not cover under warranty. Dealership unwilling to help.

Love the car
By RJP on 10/29/06 20:09 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Altima and have been very pleased with each one, The cars rides very nice and I love the special edition package, and the alloy wheels give it an upgraded look, I am getting 29 mpg! I leased the car with the replaced engine and got the added warranty and the added rebate so it made it a heck of a deal!! All I ever do to these cars is just normal service, They have never let me down.

fits me
By amin on 09/26/06 15:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

comfort is great, air and heating system is nice , easy to control, gas mileage good, i like the body style

2006 Nissan Altima very noisy
By jack on 09/08/06 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2.5l as I was told it was peppy enough and it is. Gas mileage was main reason and I can get 26 mpg on hway but only 16-18 local. Both way below sticker estimates. Car has too much road noise that is annoying. Also, air conditioning is much too noisy and you cannot leave it in auto climate control due to noise.

Dream Car
By Mary Beth on 06/14/06 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this care. I have only one concern -- my sun-roof does not line up totally flush. I have noted no unusual road noise and no leaking at this point. Has anyone else had sun-roof issues? This is my first vehicle with a sun-roof, and I love having it. I just want to make sure it won't leak later on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.