Used 2004 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 179 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Fun to drive
By m1109

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. Since it is my wife's car I don’t get to drive it enough. Excellent highway mileage. I will agree that the interior has a somewhat of a cheap feel to it but if you choose the right color combination you can minimize it. The 3.5 se has way more look and drive that any other car in the price range.

The look from behind on the 3.5 se with the dual exhastis really hot. The horepower is awesome as well.

less plastic on the interior, glare on the stereo, interior noise.

My Favorite Car
By Brenda

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Altima is that pretty sage green color. I can't tell you how many people compliment the car. It acclerates well and has excellent response. The Bose sound system is a must. I can never own another car without a sunroof. You will be spoiled. My only regret is that I did not get ON-Star.

I rely on the DTE feature (Distance till empty). Taken seriously, you will never run out of gas. And anyone who loves music will be impressed with the Bose system.

Lighted steering column. I can't even see my cruise control after dark

First-time Nissan owner
By swhite

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my first Nissan last year after owning a Saturn. The Nissan is MUCH more reliable than the Saturn was. So far, I've only had routine maintenance work done. I feel safe in the Altima.

The car is beautiful. All my family and friends love it. It's practical. It's great for a single person, yet large enough to hold me and a few friends comfortably. Great trunk space and a nice-sized back seat.

Lighted steering wheel controls. Less interior noise. I often hear a rush of wind near my driver's side rear window.

Smooth Ride
By AMartinez

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive car and very smooth on the highway. Tons of room inside especially in the rear seat and a huge trunk. Has enough power to have fun with. Girls love it when I let them drive my car.

Again, the smoothness on the highway. I also love the autodimming rearview mirrow and the auto headlights. The radio controls on the steering wheel are a must. Great car for the price.

There is a little lag in pedal response when initially accelerating.

2005 Altima 3.5 SE
By nissanman

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been a Nissan owner for several years. My first Nissan product was an Infiniti G20. Since then I have owned another G20, two Maxima's, and my Altima. I loved my '02 Maxima SE (which I sold to buy my wife her car). I love this Altima. Prior to buying my '02 Maxima, I drove an '02 Altima. I immediately disliked the Altima's interior (cheap). The '05 Altima is a huge improvement. The 3.5 V6 gets outstanding gas mileage, especially given it's intoxicating power, and is very smooth. The ride is comfortable, and the car is quiet. I paid $2K less for my '05 Altima than I did for my '02 Maxima (great value). My next car is going to be another Nissan product, probably an Infiniti G35.

3.5 V6, Bose Audio, quality, styling, ride, comfort, steering wheel audio controls (very well done), Xenon headlights. This car is way under- rated by car experts!!!!

Exterior rear view mirrors don't fold (can be broken off)