Used 2004 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2005 Altima 3.5 SE
By nissanman

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been a Nissan owner for several years. My first Nissan product was an Infiniti G20. Since then I have owned another G20, two Maxima's, and my Altima. I loved my '02 Maxima SE (which I sold to buy my wife her car). I love this Altima. Prior to buying my '02 Maxima, I drove an '02 Altima. I immediately disliked the Altima's interior (cheap). The '05 Altima is a huge improvement. The 3.5 V6 gets outstanding gas mileage, especially given it's intoxicating power, and is very smooth. The ride is comfortable, and the car is quiet. I paid $2K less for my '05 Altima than I did for my '02 Maxima (great value). My next car is going to be another Nissan product, probably an Infiniti G35.

Favorite Features

3.5 V6, Bose Audio, quality, styling, ride, comfort, steering wheel audio controls (very well done), Xenon headlights. This car is way under- rated by car experts!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Exterior rear view mirrors don't fold (can be broken off)

A little Disappointed
By L Sowers

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have always been a big fan of a Nissan product. When the new body style of the Altima came out, I just had to have one! I find that my new 2004 Altima, has plenty of interior room, alot of get up and go and a great look...but it lacks on interior quality. Considering these are not cheaply priced cars, there is alot of room for improvement!

Favorite Features

Roomy interior and peppy engine.

Suggested Improvements

More quality to inside areas, such as the console area, side door panels and cloth seats...it all feels very cheap.

Never again!
By element

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

V6 engine is a +. Interior has a lot of space. Exterior looks very good to be called an Altima. The parts on and in the car is something else. Got my 2004 Altima in Dec. of 2003 and the o2 sensor wend bad @ 1200 miles after that was the left strut at 6000 miles. Then the right at 6800 miles. Over and over. Never ending. Total times struts were replaced is around 7 times for a 2004 Altima w/ 17800 miles. Now Nissan Service has me going in again for a window molding to be repaired for the 4 time now. Nissan Service, and the Altima. NEVER AGAIN! Tips for the ones thinking about the new Altimas. Don't do it. Check all websites w/ info on the Altimas. Wish me luck w/ my lemon.

Favorite Features

V6 engine= 250 hp. Stock 18" tires. Looks of the car in and out.

Suggested Improvements

If not everything a must are the struts. Then the FM radio needs better reception. OMG the AM has better quality than the FM does!

Value for the Money over my Honda Accord
By charleybird

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased it because I like the body style. I like the drive, comfortable for 4. Good fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Ride/Drive

Suggested Improvements

some parts of cheap and poor quality. Glove box, Nissan emblems, sunvisors,floor mats.

Option to the Maxima
By Boxsky

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Good power, avg 25mpg highway and i have a lead foot, handles well for front wheel drive, roomy, surprised my friend with his mercedes 400e seemed to have less room then the altima

Favorite Features

Steering controls, size, power, leather seats

Suggested Improvements

Better materials inside, squeaky brakes after 20,000 miles, TCS comes on too early, tires wear quickly,