Used 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Chr15

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Take the 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer to dirt, and turn the wheel all the way and hit reverse, woo is that fun! dont worry about moving much cause your making unbelievable turns. it would be better if you got one with all the features needed and security requried ABS is not standard, but a CD player is? I like the full grill as opposed to the two quarter size slotts. The clips installed on the inside panels are perfect for power wire for trunk thumpers. This is the only car I've had where the seat didn't have to be all the way back to reach the pedals sufficiently and comfortably. I wish I would have gotten the Ralliart model though. The factory brakes seem to decipate too soon.

Power windows, mirros, and locks. The agility, and turning radius are unblievable.

If they're going to change the front and rear end, why stop there and change some of the interior beyond just the smokey wood on the dash from wood.

Best Value in its Class
By Dante

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been fantastic. Mine has 4,000 miles so far, no problems, firm supportive seats are great on my back. I am averaging 29 mpg with air running constantly here in AZ. Don't believe the hype over Honda or Toyota. I test drove Civic and Carolla and the Lancer blows them away as far as seat comfort, ride comfort, torque off the line power, and standard features, all for thousands less. Get an ES with the convenience package. It gives you everything you need, power everthing, AT, cruise, all for $14,000!

Great seats, loaded with standard features, air blows super cold, cruise control, nice simple interior layout, great price.

Better stock stereo or choice of premium sound on ES models.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Tom Pounds

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend has a 2003 Lancer and had no problems with excellent reliability. So I bought my 2005 and now I am very happy.

Rear wipers, lower speed on AC blower.

Needs more ponies
By Lane

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car brand new with 7 miles on it 3 of which I put on during a test drive. I just wish it came with more stock hosepower. I have a DMT racing muffler which I got a ticket for so that helps a little. It handles awsome and is just a sweet ride.

The whole car. the engine, muffler sound, interior, roomie, moon roof one touch, and remote keyless.

More stock horsepower, subs, and change the dash lights to blue.

Decent import
By JMarsh

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, the OZ edition is a good buy. No one would be dissatisfied by the features. Mileage is decent and the car is plain fun. Plus I haven't yet seen another just like mine on the road anywhere I've been. The audio is weak, but replacing the head unit makes for a decent system. The car is also highly modifyable, though nearly every possible change voids the warranty. By the way, the 10 year warranty is solid.

Power everything! Excellent styling, interior and exterior. The ride is ultra-quiet even at 80. Picks up decently well and handles like a sports car. Ride is smooth and tight even at high speeds on windy roads.

Contrary to what others have said, the sound system in this car is weak! The wattage is overstated and insufficient for any audiophiles out there. Also, 120hp is NOT enough for this car. I would recomend the Ralliart edition to anyone who can spare the couple grand extra.