Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz Sl-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:

SL 500
By dockott

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Truly the best engineered car I have owned. It is my 4th SL. The convertible hard-top also has a glass panoramic roof. Highway mileage is nearly 23 miles per gallon at 8o mph. The ride firmness is adjustible for Sunday comfort or serious cornering. Very quiet with the top down, which is as often as possible

Favorite Features

15 seconds from hard top to convertible. Superb sound system. Ventilated and massaging seats. Beautiful burl walnut wood accents. Plenty of power with good fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Larger screen for navigation system

not too bad
By BArianfield

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this SL500 last summer and so far it has been a reliable, comfortable car that also handles like a Porsche. I am not too sure about the exterior styling. Some people mistake my car for an SLK which is a lot cheaper. I don't know about you, but I hate that! Otherwise, this is a wonderful sports car loaded with convenience features and Mercedes cachet.

Favorite Features

I love the easy-to-use navigation system that talks to you and the ventilated seats.

Suggested Improvements

I would change the styling so it would look more like an expensive roadster and I would put in larger cupholders. They dont hold a 32oz. coke.

THIS CAR IS THE BEST EVER!
By nobizlikshobiz

AWESOME! IN EVERY WAY!

Incredible Driving Machine
By wetdream

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

An incredible driving machine with superb mechanics. Unfortunately the electronics are sadly dated (10yrs??). Absolutely love driving the vehicle. Most fun in an automobile in years. Just wish Mercedes had looked at Japanese and/or American makes to see where todays electronics are. I have spent more time studying the manual than for all the many previous autos I have owned,combined! Why does setting radio presets have to be complicated?? Come on Mercedes make it a perfect auto with updated electronics.

Favorite Features

The pure joy of driving the car. The very solid mechanics including the flawless opening and closing of the top.

Suggested Improvements

UPDATE THE ELECTRONICS!!!

Awesome!
By Arkansas Traveler

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is a delight to drive, and a privilege to own. Superb handling, outstanding styling, and a mechancial marvel. I savor each and every driving experience. In short, this car is intoxicating.

Favorite Features

All the gizmos are amazing, but the best feature of this car is the smile it brings to everyone who sees it!

Suggested Improvements

No satellite radio, old school navigation system, and it needs a "beefed" up sound system to match the performance of the car.