Used 2010 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Not on par with other japanese cars
By nestorhdz

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Nice, agressive looking and responsive. Easy to handle on high speeds. During the first year of combined highway and city use there are major issues that didn't appear on other cars I've owned (Toyota, Opel, and Chevrolet). Unoccupied passenger seat and front speaker make noise as if I was driving an truck 10 years old. The radiator heat sensor was stuck and the car overheated (covered by warranty). Front disc brakes lasts less than 10,000 miles (it's less than 20,000 mi and it's the second change). There's clearly audible noise in the front suspension on irregular roads. Overall, quality is far, far away from that of Japanese and American cars.

Favorite Features

Responsive engine, tight handling

Suggested Improvements

Build quality and engineering

Four door with flair
By Frank

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a passenger car that had style, power and handling the Mazda 6 fit the bill nicely.The power from the V6 engine is fantastic, roomy trunk and very good rear leg room. I got it fully loaded with the Technology and Navigation package. A Highlight is blind side monitoring which is very useful. You owe it to yourself to take this car for a test drive before settling on the other popular brands.

Favorite Features

Appearance,power from V6, blind side monitoring,handling,large trunk, unique won't see them on every street corner/parking lot

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage,rear camera option, add rear AC vents, integrate remote start into smart key, sun visor extensions.

Style, Value, and Performance
By Michael

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second Mazda, having just traded a 2007 CX-9. Exterior styling is much more attractive than Honda Accord or Toyota Camry, and it is much sportier too. This car is a tremendous value. We paid $28,500 with $2000 in rebates.

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Acceleration, steering, handling. Interior room and trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

A little more rear seat headroom (we are a family of six footers). Better sound from BOSE stereo. More lateral support from front seats. Some cheap interior pieces, ie; headliner, door panels.

2010 MazdaA6 Grand Touring
By Bill

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the car over the weekend. We looked at about a dozen in this category and went with the Mazda. So far we really like all the options, BlueTooth, Nav, Sirius etc.

Favorite Features

Pricing was better than expected. Techno gadgets are easier to use than expected.

Suggested Improvements

Bose sound system seems weak and rear speakers rattle when bass notes are hit.

Zoom Zoom
By Phil

2010 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm sold on Mazda. Bought S Grand Touring after owning a Progete5 for 8 years. It truely is the poor mans Lexus getting many extras for far less than a comparable equipped Lexus or Infinity. So far I'm very happy; going on three months of ownership. I believe I got every option available so the as I added options it got a little pricey but I think worth it.

Favorite Features

Power and handling, seating surfaces are comfortable. I like the seat warmers. Very much impressed with the manual shift mode. You get the best of both worlds considering I usually prefer a stick shift. Visability is excellent with the xenon lights and clear view from the cockpit.

Suggested Improvements

Beef up the Bose system. Sounds good but could sound a lot better. Add a midrange control to the head unit and insulate the doors better for improved sound quality. Some plastics don't fit neatly together like the dash board to the door columns. Road noise could improve to.