2008 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Review: Overall great, needs a few imp

2008 Lexus LS 460 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 8-speed Automatic)

Overall great, needs a few improvements
By Lexus Lover on

2008 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

First off this is my fourth Lexus. The car is great as far as comfort, handling, and performance. My major complaint is the difficulty of modifying the navigation system while the auto is in motion. I understand the safety ramifications, but when you have a passenger in the front seat this should be disarmed. I was pleasantly surprised with the gas mileage...I've actually hit 33 miles per gallon with this car, which to me is unheard of with this large of an engine (and considering how fast I drive). The navigation system is not logical. The Acura RL I recently traded in was very intuitive, this one, the driver actually has to arrange his thoughts before hitting the "talk" switch.

Retracting mirrors when the car is locked.

Allow the navigation system to operate while the car is in motion. And make it more intuitive: i.e. to program a previous destination, allow the driver to say something like: "Navigation", "Previous Destinations", (and choose the desired location), then say "Enter".