Used 2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

Worth every penny.
By Lemnkr8

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

IS 300 has great looks and great performance and with the five-speed transmission is is every reason I needed to never purchase the low quality , poorly conceived product offered by the "Big 3" automakers. Every detail has been addressed by Lexus engineers to make a high quality product that is fun to drive and easy to maintain. This car is worth every dollar you pay for it.

5 speed transmission, compass in rear view mirror, great handling, great responsiveness.

Chip-resistant exterior finish.

A Great Little Car
By Ace is300

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my IS for over 15 months and I can't even believe how drama-free and worry-free it's been. It's a sweet heart of a car. I love this car. It's got great handling, good acceleration (I've got the rare 5 spd/man.), awesome color (Solar Yellow), and adequate luxury (Nav.syster,heated seats, full leather, 6 disc cd). But it's the fun factor that keeps me smiling.

Handling, looks, color, the rare straight 6 cylinder engine, sporty dash design

More luxury, about 25-30 more horses, a 6 spd.man, more back seat space

IS 300 5spd
By ProfessorP

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new in spring '03 & still love to drive it. Flawless reliability. Has 80K+ miles, but feels & looks new. Replaced two sets of tires & one set of brake pads. A blast to drive. Sold my SC 400 6 mos after buying this car, because I never drove the SC anymore. Handles better than most sports cars, turn-in is crisp and fast, steering is not overboosted. Could use a bit less body roll in stock form. Swapped in Eibach springs and handling is noticably improved. Power from the inline 6 is smooth & the sound of the engine is a wonderful purr. Interior layout is perfect, fits like a good racing glove. A true driver's car. I also enjoy the fine Nav System w/easy to use controls at my fingertips.

Manual transmission, rear wheel drive, ability to fully disable traction control, great brakes, distinctive looks, suprisingly good stereo system, excellent Xenon headlamps, stylish 17" wheels.

None. Anything else would ruin the simple purity of this 4-door sports car.

IS 300 5SP Drivers Car
By Bryan Infantino

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car just over a year ago. It is a driver's car. Great around corners and great on a long trip. It is very powerful although I wouldn't mind just a little more power. Navigation system is awesome, we use it all the time. The car is just big enough for taking another couple out but small enough to feel like a true sports car.

Power, Sports car feel, Handling, Navigation System, 5 speed, Looks great, Reliable.

A little more power, 6 speed manual, Just a little more space, keep the weight as is or lighter.

Wouldn't Trade It For Anything
By YellowIS

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a blast to drive since day one, never failing my expectations, nor failing to put a smile on my face. The lines of the car are only appreciated when hand washing and waxing the car. One of the smartest decisions I have ever made was purchasing this vehicle.

Exterior design, 2JZ engine, Lexus prestige, handling, nothing drives like it. 17" 5 spokes are some of the nicest stock rims I've seen

Interior is short of being luxurious. Back Seat is a LITTLE tight.