2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
My IS300
By dfitzsim on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Especially when you consider that the direct competition (BMW 330i) is several thousand more for a comparably equipped model. Highly recommended. I purchased the vehicle at JM Lexus in Margate, FL and wouldn't hesitate to buy there again. Their professionalism was second to none.

I love my Car
By IS300owner on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It was the handling that sold me on this car.

Great, Fun and Exciting Car...
By Willb on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After taking this car for a test drive, I was sold. So far after a year and 2 months I have had no problems and I feel like a kid everytime I get into it to drive. The mixture of the auto transmission with the optional E-shift feature is down right awesome. I find the E-Shift is best used when you are on the interstate and want to drop a gear to fly by someone. The mixture of the sound system and DVD Navigation and all the other features really make this a fun and exciting car. The ladies like it as well. ;)

From BMW 3 series to Lexus IS 300
By Ralph on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

As a previous owner of a 2000 BMW 323i, it was a pleasure to finally turn it back at the end of the lease and purchase a 2002 IS 300. This Lexus is fun to drive, all of the controls are within easy reach, everything seems to be in the right place and the inside and outside styling is refreshingly contemporary as compared to the aging 3 series. The Lexus has been problem free from day one. The outgoing 323i was a great automobile but was ridden with broken window regulators, stuck moonroof shades, horrible window creaking when driving and poor quality leather seats which required frequent shop visits.

a great deal for the price
By mmkm on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've driven the Mercedes M-class and S-class and the new 7-series BMW at home but these cars don't make me feel the IS any worst. It has a great look and excellent performance in an affordable price. The navigation system is much better than the mercedes' and BMW's. However, the only bad thing is the small trunk space and uncomfortable back seats.

Is300
By Big Blur on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my IS300 for about a year. There seems to be a problem with steering the car on wet roads and uneven surfices. In fact at times I'm even afraid t drive it. Also you cn smell the exhust of the car in front of you while waiting at lights.I don't recommend th car to new drivers. Good luck

Awsome
By NOS2006 on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

hey. my dad has an is300 that is fully loaded and bright yellow. i love it because no matter where you go when you stop at a stop light people stare at it. awsome car, great interior and exterior design, great interior features, perfect sedan (for lexus and most other companys). best stereo i have ever heard! p.s. i heard that lexus is bringing out a new is called the is370 i believe. it is supposed to be basically the same with about 345 hp.

Awsome
By nos2006 on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Stick-Shift Lexus IS300
By habersk on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am thrilled with the car. I researched for a year before my purchase and am still happy with my decision. I was very dissatisfied with my experience at the Dealer however. There weren't alot of stick-shifts around my area and they used it to their advantage. In addition, I was displeased to learn that Lexus dealers use the same shady bargaining tactics as other lower end dealers. They used deceiving tactics such as changing around the numbers to try to confuse me and purposely miscalculating things. I am an engineer and didn't fall for the tricks as easily as someone less experienced in math could have, but it was pretty disappointing either way.

Great car
By kthakore on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love almost everything about the car. I test drove and BMW 325CI also but if you ask me, this car drives way smoother than the BMW.