Used 2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (103 reviews )

Awesome
By Scott

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The GX 470 is a great balance of luxury and performance. I feel like I am still in a truck capable of going off-roading in difficult conditions yet still feel like I am in a smooth riding high end sedan. Great vehicle overall!

Rearview camera and navigation system are simple yet very high end. Controls are easy to undertand yet there are still all the bells and whistles you would come to expect with Lexus!

Great SUV
By Thomas E. Dahlberg

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is great. The handling, power and comfort are amazing. The engineers did their homework and anticpated needs I was unaware I had. I strongly recommend the Navagational/DVD options. My model has the Dynamic Kinetic System and drives backroads like it is on rails.

Mark Levinson Sound System Dynamic Kinetic Suspension Interior Luxury

XM radio Bluetooth Factory installed K&N airfilter (gas mileage improved from 17.5 to 19.5 freeway)

The best
By bobcaptord

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Lexus and my third SUV. Had the the large SUV, in fact two of them and both are great

Ride, room, back up display, three AC controls one extra for back and swing gate.

Hide away ramp for animals in the rear more impact from hydrualic up and down controls.

Perfect SUV
By Ayyubov

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle. Performance is great. Fuel economy is a factor, but it's V8 4,7 so it's not that bad. Interior is luxurious, ride is fun.

Everything in that car is good so I can't separate what is my favorite.

Didn't find one

I am in LOVE
By Heidi

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was not a lover of cars. I usually consider myself a bus driver because I am usually driving a carload of children to where they need to be. I like to drive to get where I am going and that is it. I have also driven all types and makes of cars. (My first car was an escort.) I never thought I would ever be committed to one kind of car or maker. I love the Lexus GX 470! This SUV is a great car with the most comfortable ride you will ever experience. I have never had any maintenance issues. In fact, the dealership has gone the extra mile for me and my famlies safety. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for an SUV. You will be hooked like me!

Heated seats - I never thought I would need them in Florida. I will never have a car without them again.

The automobile has no hooks for drycleaning or traveling. The GX 470 really needs some hooks.