2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews 15

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:
It's it and that's that!
By Laurie H. on 06/14/05 18:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I set out to buy a Jaguar, then checked the BMW 530i, and out of curiosity, checked the new GS 300 (just to be sure). The interior is magnificent, full of tremendously useful features within a luxurious cabin. The exterior is sleek and refined. But I have to say this car is confused -- it doesn't know if it's a sports car or a luxury sedan -- it does BOTH beautifully! It's tight and agile on corners, accelerates with authority, but is as quiet as a library. I chose the AWD due to the possibility of having to move back to snow territory -- I know it'll be perfect! Before you buy any other car, take this baby for a ride!

Love my GS 300
By Kathay on 06/11/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my fifth Lexus and by far the best of the best. Comfortable luxury with a sports car feel. I would recommend it to anyone.

Lexus Does It Again-GS 300 AWD Rolls!
By bmoorw 950 on 06/11/05 08:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking for an AWD sedan that fits my needs and especially my desires - I wanted an automobile that has it all. Lexus once again gave it to me with room to spare.

Matador Red....G Spiders....Run Flats
By GS Driver on 06/09/05 00:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

99 GS 300 owner no more. Lexus nailed it with this one. Corners very well, no give or roll during high speed cornering. Run flats did not interest me, but I liked the look and drive of the car, sprung for the 5 year tire road hazard for $385. Car has 900 miles on it, already had a flat. Tire was not defective, so the $385 warranty already paid for itself ($381 to replace/mount the tire). Overall a great car, Lexus service and quality has always impressed me. Compared to my 99, the 06 mpg is impressive. seeing a 4mpg improvement.The G Spiders make this car.We get many WOWS when showing it off. also, RWD has spare tire std since run flats are an option (AWD has std run flats).

Staying in the family!!!
By lhester on 06/07/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car after my in-law totaled my 2001 GS300. What an improvement. In the previous car I didn't have the Mark Levinson, satellite or other upgrades normally found in the GS 430 or LS 430. This car is definitely an upgrade over the previous. I'll stay with Lexus as long as they'll have me.

Love this car!!
By Indiana97 on 06/05/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Lexus, with one being 2001 GS 300. The new GS 300 is much improved. The 6 sp. trans. is so smooth with great midrange power. Interior is very quiet and refined. The audio system (not ML) is very crisp and clear. I got 26 mpg overall on first tank of gas and now getting 28. I have had a lot of nice cars over the yrs. BMW, Audi, and other Lexus but this is the nicest. Some have said it lacks power. I feel there is good smooth power and much better feel to the road then by previous GS 300. Love this car!!

What's not to like
By statman on 06/04/05 02:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Lexus GS 300 AWD is a high quality car that is as enjoyable to drive as it is to look at. Compared with todays complicated iDrive systems in competing cars, the Lexus's touch screen is incredibly easy to use and wonderful to look at. The push button start is convenient and fit and finish are outstanding. The ride is quiet and there is just enough road feel to make it enjoyable. There is plenty of power for every day driving and even a power mode for those who want to push the car harder. Visiblity is great, seats are comfortible, even the rain sensing wipers work well. The navigation screen is slightly over complicated and takes a little getting used to but is packed with features.

GS 300 AWD
By first Lexus on 06/03/05 22:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Had dealer add the 18" wheels with Dunlop run flat tires that makes the ride a little more stiff but far less sway that 17" stock. Excellent quiet ride with good visibility. First Lexus after extended trial and consideration of BMW 530, Infiniti M45, Audi A6 3.0 and Jaguar S V8. Best combination of the "good" things from the others such as AWD, acceptable power but not at loss of MPG or paying exorbitant price. Avoids the "bad" traits like goofy BMW iDrive, Infiniti noise, Audi initial acceleration hesitation and Jag smallish interior. Almost looking forward to Minnesota winters.

Finally, a car that is an entire package
By Matt on 06/03/05 19:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

As a 3-time owner of BMWs (both 3 and 5 series), I have finally found the "complete" car. Although the GS 300's suspension isn't as tight as my 5 series, everything else overcomes that shortcoming. Wonderful new design. I could not be happier.

GS300 '06
By drmike on 06/02/05 19:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great mileage, best so far on long trip was 32. Power from V6 as good as my '02 S-type Jag w V8. Love the opera lights/white LEDs. Very smooth to drive. Lots of electronic toys NAV/XM radio/etc