Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

a super experience
By lee olshan

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My AWD GS 300 holds the road as though Elmer's glue was on my tires. The rear camera make parking a breeze. The nav system is a pleasure... but it is the driving experience that sets this car apart from all others.

Suggested Improvements

Even with the rear view camera and the tilt side mirrors I have trou ble seeing all that is behind me as I reverse.

Retirement Gift!
By Jerry

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove most of the sedans priced between 45 and 50K. To me, the Lexus GS 300 drove the smoothest. I was impressed with its acceleration, fuel economy, ride and the responsive steering. My GS 300 is loaded. Something I did not plan on... but am totally satisfied with it.

Favorite Features

Audio, instrument cluster, lighting, six speed auto/shift trans., seating comfort and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Make the front grills all the same design. The DC accessory outlet is in the bottom rear of the front center storage compartment. It is awkward to connect an accessory power cord and then close the cover.

Another great Lexus
By George Johnson

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This time, Lexus added more road feel and is sportier. But the same Lexus comfort and all the great technology of the LS 430 is very much present. Just handles better and it's a joy on the road.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth phone connection, Mark Levinson sound system

Suggested Improvements

More room for rear seat passengers would be cool.

great car
By kaye don

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Traded bmw 528 for lexus. Very happy to date. Car handles quite well and is very responsive. Drive train seems to be matched extremely well. Compared to bmw steering not quite as good, but then I don't speed on alpine roads.

Feels so good
By Steve

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the 2006 GS 300 for about 2 months now. I was bouncing all over on what to get and what sold me on it was the luxury and fuel milage. I drive about 35 miles to work each day and average over 30mpg on the highway cruising at about 75mph. (One tankful, I got 33mpg on a trip.) I'm getting about 24mpg in the city. All this with absolute quality and luxury that you get with Lexus. The performance is solid - it's no rocket, but I didn't buy it for that. One of my friends just got a new BMW 525i at the same time and dollar for dollar he will even tell you I got the better value.

Favorite Features

To many to mention, but just the solid feel and of course the gas mileage. It's really just as good as a hybird.

Suggested Improvements

Just a slight bit much of throttle hesitation when you hit it hard from a stop.