Used 2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (34 reviews )

Lots of power
By Nick

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in September of 2002, and I love it, but it is almost impossible to drive in the snow. There is a traction control button, but it is basically worthless when you drive over 10 mph. I will probably sell it before next winter, but for those of you who have the fotune not to deal with snow, I highly recommend this car.

Suggested Improvements

Better traction control in rain and snow

gs 300 w gps
By absinvestor

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am a realtor and gps saves time and clients love it. Couldn't live without it!!!

Favorite Features

GPS

Fun to Drive
By fars

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had just finished a bad experience with Jaguar and was looking for a sporty and fun to drive car that had that European flair.Looked at BMW but went back to Lexus only this time the GS 300 sportdesign model. I thought about the GS430 but figured the speeding tickets were not worth it. The GS300 is a great car,fast enough on the highway with a great ride and finish,if you can buy one.

Favorite Features

Looks with Sports Design,ride,handling and most important reliability

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower for the inline 6 and 17" tires standard

GS300 Sport
By fs

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The GS300 is a pure delight to drive,the car is fun to drive,excellent ride with Sports design package. The interior is well laid out and very comfortable. If there is one area of improvement it would be to increase horsepower,that could be done by dropping in a twin turbo like the Toyota Supra or increasing the size of the engine. The car is very reliable with no problems to date.

Favorite Features

The overall look of the car,the ride and performance all blended into a very reliable automotive machine

Suggested Improvements

Increase horsepower,larger size tires from 16 to 17 and controls on steering wheel for Radio.I would also like to see a dash with more gauges like oil and battery rather than just warning lights.

Very Satisfied in SoCal
By Mark Flannery

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car via the Internet from Lexus of Westminster, CA for their cost. The transaction was fast, businesslike and pain-free. After looking at the competition (Acura, Infiniti, BMW et al) I decided on the Lexus for its combination of style, reliability, performance, comfort and price. Although there's a few things I'd change, I'm quite satisfied with this car and expect to be even more so as time goes by. There have been no problems whatever during the first 8,000 miles.

Favorite Features

This car handles and rides like butter. Steering is effortless, it's more comfortable than I ever imagined, and I love its looks. The basic sound system is more than enough for all but audiophiles. All dashboard controls are logically placed and easy to operate.

Suggested Improvements

From a dead stop, the accelerator hesitates a bit sometimes. More headroom would be nice. The transmission shift buttons on the steering wheel are not practical. Rear side vision is impeded because of the roof pillars. Finally, it could use a bit more power.