2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (34 reviews )
OH MY GOD
By tomGS300 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a GS300 Sport Edition and I love it. I test drove the A6 and the BMW 530I and while the 530 was fun to drive. The GS300 is equally as fun and has the extra cumfort and the Lexus interior. I LOVE the Navigation System and the Sterio is the best you can buy. Go get one today!

A GREAT CAR WITH THE RIGHT TIRES
By jedi on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had my GS 300 (premium pkg.) for a little over a year now and I love this car ! Quietest, smoothest ride I've experienced. No problems after 21,000 miles EXCEPT problems with the Bridegestone tires the car originally came with. One tire ran flat first 1000 miles; had fixed at dealer. Dealer could NOT balance these tires on the chrome wheels. Car shimmied at highway speeds (65mph+). Dealer finally replaced Bridgestones with Michelin Pilots AND WHAT A DIFFERNCE ! No problems AT ALL other than Bridgestone tires. Dealer experience the best.

The ultimate cruiser
By ShawnC on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Spirited, comfy, great stereo (Mark Levinson), and a GPS to boot. The first car I own where I can drive 350 miles straight and not feel a sore anywhere on the body.

Totally Satisfied
By suxelgs300 on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third GS 300. Each one has been better than the last. My current model is the special edition "Sport Design" that has a Euro-tuned suspension, larger tires and some cosmetic enhancements. Now there is no sogginess in the ride. Reliability has always been great and so has the overall buying experience.

A Dream come true
By spiderman on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

An unbelievable automobile. I will never drive anything other than a Lexus again

My annoying GS300...
By Katherine on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Darn it! I keep getting pulled over. I bought my GS300 about 6 months ago and I cannot keep from driving 80mph on the freeway. I swear it feels like I am going the speed limit but twice now I have seen those flashing lights. This car is AMAZING! It is quiet, comfortable, responsive, fast, etc, etc. And my Mark Levinson radio cannot be beat.

Sweet, serene luxury
By omegadoug on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My frame of reference, my last car, was a BMW 3-series so I definitely miss the handling. But had I wanted a car that handled perfectly, I would have gotten a BMW. I opted for the Lexus because it offers the silkiest, smoothest ride of anything I've driven. Another 75 hp would make this car near flawless, but not at the premium required to get a 430.

Go ahead, buy one. Don't feel guilty
By J. Y. on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

What I liked about my Lexus GS300(Platinum edition) is that its simplicity. Every control buttons and gauge is in right place. No fancy, just simple. The car is very nimble and responsive. Although, the car can use some more horsepower but its enough for the city drive. The service is excellent and it shows why they are always ranked top in J.D Power survey. The only problem that I have with GS300 is you watch your head(I got hit numerous times and it really hurts) when you open the car trunk. Its kinda unstable when it's not fully opened. You'll know what I mean when you go and open it.

Great Car
By Baker 4 Real Estate on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Need a little more interior head room. Minor insturment glare on windshield at night. Passenger can't input addresses when moving (navigational system). A couple of steering wheel mounted radio controls would be nice along with a constant display of the outside temperature. All else is great.

none
By emschneider on 03/17/02 08:01 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

very enjoyable driving experience.the car is smooth and quite,with lively performance.it was delivered in perfect condition,not one flaw that i have found.