2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Sport model:
Sad to Go!
By DCorey on 03/04/10 18:46 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This RRS-SC has been an excellent car. Time to turn it in and will miss it. The performance and all around cool factor of this car compensates for the back seat comfort, quirky nav system and cumbersome tailgate. This is my wife's kid hauler, but I drive it every chance I get. No problems with anything other than a window lift in the first month. If you want to drive an SUV with SWAG this is the one.

Best LR i've owned/driven
By quiet on 01/28/10 18:02 PM (PST)

I've slowly moved up from the disco 2 to the lr3 to the rrscs and I gotta tell you this truck is slick and fast. I usually drive on the highway and going from ramp speed to highway speed is a dream. Put this thing in sport mode and two things happens, it sucks a lot of gas but also an adrenalin rush. I've had no issues other than a having to replace a fuse for the heated seats and the drivers airbag sensor. While I'm at it I must also say that no Major issues to report in regards to the lr3 and disco 2.

Said Goodbye
By Peter on 12/25/09 19:05 PM (PST)

Turned the vehicle in a couple weeks ago 5 months before the end of the lease. Notwithstanding the fact that I was at the end of my mileage the continual reliability problems were just too much to take. Since purchase this vehicle would be difficult to start once in a while and it became more frequent over the past few months. After the suspension problems a few months back the ride was never as compliant as it was when I purchased. Became very harsh and vechile began to rattle a bit at times. I am very saddened by this turn of events. I was thrilled for the first year but it ended in a most unappealing way. I wish Land Rover luck under their new ownership.

From good to bad to worse...sad but true
By Peter on 09/16/09 12:01 PM (PDT)

This is an update to my April 2009 review. Unfortunately I have no good news to report. My ownership experience continues to sour. The clunking in the suspension returned again a month ago. The saga continues. Apparently the dynamic suspension is malfunctioning and the vehicle has been in the shop for two weeks now. Not sure when the parts will arrive and will require a diassembly of the chassis to repair. I have now tallied the cost to repair all of these warranty items at almost $5,000 in the first two years of ownership. Cat converter $1,450, sway bar repair $475, Suspension actuator $2,750. This vehicle will be turned in at end of lease, cost and reliability problems abound

Good start but failing
By Peter on 04/15/09 18:53 PM (PDT)

This is an update to my review of May last year. Although the first 11 months of my ownership experience was great the last few months have been not so good. Thing are starting to go wrong quickly. I have seen these with others on this site...suspension clunking in the shop twice before they could figure it out, check engine light on and off several times in the shop firt time for PCV valve then again for a new catalytic converter. Nav and radio periodically do not come on then out of nowhere fire up. Bought the extended warranty to 75k and am happy I did. If more goes wrong over the next 6 months i will certainly turn in and pay for the mile overage rather than buy a headache

Way Better Than Expected
By Zev on 11/21/08 07:41 AM (PST)

Have only had it for a week so not much to go on yet, but my first impressions are: one of the best drives out there - seating position is very good and i am an XL size. I had driven the full size Range and the Sport - loved the inside on the full size but this drives so much better - it really drives like a world class sports car.

Coolest SUV
By DCorey on 10/29/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

Very high coolness factor. Sweet Sounding Supercharged Engine that pushes this ride like an M3. The stereo/dvd system is the best I've experienced in a vehicle. The memory seat buttons are tough to navigate due to space, but other than that the interior is flawless. Needs to have power lift gate for my wife since she is the primary driver :( . Back seats a little rigid and tight for long runs. Auto wipers and seats/steering column a bit quirky. Dealer picks up and delivers. Can't Beat That. At the dealer twice for scheduled maintenance.

Outstanding
By Peter on 05/11/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

Wonderful ownership experience thus far. Was skeptical about purchasing because of historical reliability ratings. I have been very pleased with the performance and quality of this vehicle. No problems at all thus far. On of the best handling SUVs out there and acceleration/stopping power is superb. Great off road (put some Nokians on for winter and off road use). For a perfect blend of performance, styling and off road capability, this is the best offering available, in my humble opinion.

Incredible Automobile.....
By uly48 on 05/05/08 10:30 AM (PDT)

Purchased the 2008 Limited Edition Sport and it is wonderful. Have over 12K miles already and have not had one (1) problem. It drives as well as any vehicle I have ever owned. SRT8,Audi RS6,Boxster. All were wonderful in their own right but there were really no comparisons.

Just pure fun - AMAZING
By Dennis on 04/18/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

This car is so much fun to drive. I replaced my 2004 A8 4.2 with 2007 RRS- SC and this car is truly amazing. I loved my Audi & enjoyed driving it - and this SUV is just as much fun as the A8! I also have a GL 550, but the GL isn't as fun as RRS. GL does have better ride quality - since RRS-SC is a bit stiff - it trades off with RRS' sporty nature & agility. It's a true driver's car. If you are looking for a sexy, sporty, driver-fun car - go for it! but if u are looking for soft, passenger-comfort car, go for the full- size Range Rover.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.