2011 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: Not Enough Bang For The Buck

2011 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

SX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Not Enough Bang For The Buck
By nojoke1 on

2011 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2011 SX AWD with 42,000 miles recently. This being my first Kia and first SUV I was excited to say the least. However, after a few weeks of driving I started noticing little things such as rattles, rough ride, touchy steering, road noise, acceleration issues (barely touch the pedal and expect a whiplash), cheap plastic interior, uncomfortably flat seat cushions, and seat warmers with one setting (scalding or off). It has already been in the shop for shift lock cam being loose and within a month is going back for the same problem. I believe the Sorento has potential as being a quality vehicle but has several issues to improve on. I find it substandard for the price!

It does offer more standard features than most SUV/Crossover's. Easy to maneuver in traffic and parking.

Improve interior cabin with quality materials, reduce road noise, build a tight, solid vehicle that will go the distance.