2011 Kia Forte 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love This Car

2011 Kia Forte - Consumer Review

SX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Love This Car
By bjsafe on

2011 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased SX model with all option packages (rearview cam, nav, sirius w/traffic, bluetooth, leather, sunroof, push-to-start, heated seats, rear spoiler) for $20K, which was my entering price point. You'd be hard pressed to find all that w/a 10 year warranty in any other car at that price. Owned for one month, put over 3000 miles on it, 1700 on a road trip, 1300 over daily 32 mile roundtrip commute. Gas mileage as advertised. As mentioned in a previous review, pictures don't do this car justice. It is a very attractive car. Incidentally, I was interested also in the Koup but found it too tight of a squeeze at 6'3". Despite issues listed below, I am totally happy with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Interior AND exterior design. I you like clean, sharp, minimal interiors (without gobs of bells and whistles), this design is A+. Intuitive. As for the exterior, my wife and I find that we are often staring at it, even after a month. Definite head-turner, people want to know what it is. Interior space: As a previous reviewer mentioned, the interior space will surprise you from how it appears on the outside. VERY roomy and spacious, with a huge trunk. More spacious than the 2002 A4 I traded in. Very comfortable over long drives (drove 700 miles in a day twice in it already)

Suggested Improvements

Three areas to improve. First, exterior build/materials. Like a previous reviewer, I already have a very small dent in my rear driver's side door from someone's door lightly hitting it in a parking lot (saw it happen and was shocked there was a dent...perhaps better than a scratch?). Second, handling. Overall, I love the firm handling. However, the firmness almost becomes a safety issue when traversing over bumpy roads. The car can slide and does not maintain a firm grip on the road. Potholes and bumps feel bigger than they are. Third, limited paint colors. This almost was a deal-breaker. Silver, white, black, red (wine), titanium. All rental car colors. Ended up with white though & love it.