2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: First Jeep owned - recommended

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

First Jeep owned - recommended by my son.
By David Dorsey on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Averaging 21 mpg on highway -- very pleased with that. Our Jeep is very easy to slip into -- not like other SUV's we looked at. We don't need running boards or a ladder to get in to our Jeep. Ride is perfectly acceptable -- quite smooth in fact. Heated seats do not cycle on and off in the heat mode -- steady warmth -- nice here in Wisconsin. Killer stereo system! We were very happy to find ours with every option imaginable expect for a sunroof which we did not want anyway.

I'd really like to see the competition go off road with their very low ground clearance and yet be so easy to slid into. That's my favorite feature -- ease of entry, yet high ground clearance. I don't know how they did it but they did. That is followed by the solid feel of the vehicle -- well built.

My son has a 2002 Grand Cherokee Limited. They made a design error by changing the real gauges in the 2002 to idiot lights in 2005. Also front door handles location was changed and it's not as easy to grasp as the 2002.