MOST reliable vehicle I have known
By agildner1 on
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have the limited HEMI with QDII 4 wheel drive system. I have over 150,000 miles on her and let me say, I have more money into a 2008 town and country with 38,000 miles than I do into the Jeep. The jeep has been used and abused for the last few years. Ive gone offroading, towed 6,500 lbs countless times, and I constantly am flooring it to hear the HEMI SCREAM! The only problems I have had is a new ECM($300) and a loud bearing that I cant pinpoint(~$50). And of course new tires and brakes but any car needs those. This Jeep still has boatloads of power, and there is no sign of wear or tear. It looks like it has 5,000 miles on it. No rust despite several michigan winters. Great SUV!!!
Favorite Features
Quadra-Drive II system is unbelievably great in the snow or high articulation scenarios. 345ci Hemi and 545rfe transmission are bullet proof. (although V6 and trans are sub par). Great looks, VERY little rust despite use in the winter. Most reliable vehicle I have ever seen. Interior is very comfortable and nice. Heated leather, navigation, rear dvd etc...
Suggested Improvements
Better V6 transmission