Used 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 444 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
By jkmckiniry

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Engine light and tire light on all the time. Transmission failed at 3500 miles. Currently at dealer.

Appearance.

Improved build quality and inspections.

Not as good as I hoped for
By Michaelsn

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Serious malfunction of brakes after 67 miles. Continuous problem of transmission short shifting in and out of 1st gear. Gas mileage lower than advertised. Styling and interior room good. Poor pickup for quick acceleration. Last Jeep we buy.

Exterior style is good. Interior is good.

Fix the braking system. Get a better transmission.

Love that Hemi
By Janell Lawrence

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Jeep for a year now and it is still the best Jeep I have ever owned. I love the Hemi and the smart beams, the navigation and the u- connect. It drives as smooth and easy as the first day I got it, It is great on long trips, no achy back and legs. It handles the road wonderful. I don't feel it leaning around curves; very stable. A year and I still love it!

I love the navigation, smartbeams, u-connect, rain sensitive wipers.

I would like the next model to have signals on the side mirrors, and bigger cup holders.

Like no Jeep I've ever had
By Elliot

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the loaded Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7L Hemi. First of all, I have owned 2 other Grand Cherokees, a Wrangler Sahara and a regular Cherokee. While I liked all my Jeeps, this new one is by far the best. It is a rocket ship ... so fast in fact, there aren't too many cars out there that I can't leave in the dust. Because I do tend to have a heavy foot, my gas mileage suffers somewhat. I guess lately, because the novelty of the Hemi power is still with me, I've been getting around 12 or 13 mpg. That's ok for now, but if the gas hits 3 bucks, I may have to resort to my "old lady" driving patterns to save a few bucks. Comfort is unreal. I love this car and would highly recommend it!

The Hemi is my favorite feature. The raw power is just awesome. Right behind is the Nav unit and the auto windshield wipers. They really work!

Maybe automatic retractable sideview mirrors. I really can't suggest anything yet ... it's still new to me. However, I really like the car just the way it is.

Not as happy as i should be
By Bagofdonuts

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first new car and second Jeep. I owned a 97 Wrangler with 132,000 miles on it before I bought this one. I have to say the new Grand Cherokee is in my opinion the best looking midsize suv on the market now. The ride is very smooth in this suv and highway driving is a pleasure. I had a chance to take it offroad once on the beach and was so impressed by it. It seemed to go through the sand even better than my Wrangler. I thought that by having AWD it wouldn't be as good but I was wrong. Now for the bad. The 3.7 v6 seems to run very rough and loud all the time. My steering wheel actually shakes at idle. It runs rougher than my old Jeep. Transmission shifts at the wrong time and gas mileage stinks.

Awesome looks!, Boston acoustic radio, nice standard rims, automatic headlights, Mercedes style shifter.

Don't advertise 17mpg city and 21 highway when realistically I get 10 city and 15 highway. Fix transmission's erratic shifts, do something about engine running so rough and loud. It runs rougher than my old Jeep with 132k on it. Fix gearing so I can actually make it up a hill.