2008 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Great Jeep
By daclasn on 08/13/08 07:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have put almost 4K miles on our Compass and love it! This is my 2nd Jeep, previously had a Grand Cherokee. This jeep is perfect for what we use it for. Seats are comfortable, the ride is good and power is acceptable with the manual tranny. I have grown to love the looks of the Jeep. The build quality appears to be very good as well. The reviewers are way off on this vehicle. I would recommend it to anyone!

Michigan/Wisconsin Road trip
By Joe Merriman on 08/05/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We took a 2163 mile road trip and couldn't believe how smooth the ride was in such a small vehicle. The seat are at just the right height for age 65 to get in and out of. The best mileage 29 least 24. The MPG computer was very accurate. I compare each fill up and follow the mileage. We never felt the transmission shift when going up and down hills. I could see the RPM going up but could not feel it shift gears. Amazing. It fits in the garage better and handles the roads with ease. This is my wife's car. Think I will get me one. I have to 2.0 engine. It has fine pickup.

Not for everyone, I could care less!
By JeepDryvr1032 on 08/02/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a bigger car/small SUV when I decided to trade in my 2004 Hyundai Elantra in June of '08. I was intrigued by the new Dodge/Jeep models and thought the Compass had such a unique look that I had to check it out. The first vehicle I test drove was the Dodge Caliber, which was OK but didn't have enough 'oomph' with the 2.0 liter engine. Next was the compass, and I fell in love with how it sits up higher and gives you more command of the road. I picked the Rallye Edition with the 18" tires and black rims, with the YES essentials interior. This is huge for me as I have kids!! For an SUV, I can't complain about the gas mileage. It has plenty of room, and a decent stereo to boot.

Pretty decent so far
By adriane on 07/07/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far this vehicle has been great, I haven't had any complaints against it. I find it to be comfortable to ride/ drive in. I like the way it handles, but I'm not a speed demon anyways. I read the Editor's reviews before purchasing and I don't have any regrets on buying this vehicle.

Good stuff
By dave on 07/03/08 23:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Good car, no problem so far, the only thing is the lights come on when lock or unlock vehicle with the remote control, kills the battery,

RaLLyE
By Rallye on 06/27/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 08 jeep compass 2.4L Rallye Edition in black with black interior and everyone ragged on me about getting a compass until I told them that I was getting the Rallye package. Now people are asking me where I got it and telling me how much they love it! The Rallye package sold me on it. It's no good without it.

A great suv
By jc155 on 06/12/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a SUV, but I didnt want to pay the big bucks to own an SUV. So I bought the compass. Very quiet SUV. Gets good gas mileage nothing spectacular. When it goes to shift, I actually cant hear it. My passengers have tried to listen for it but found it very hard to hear. The back seats are very roomy. I have no problem getting in with the seats all the way back and I'm (6"1' and 320 lb). Overall a great car to have.

COMPASS PROBLEM
By DMB69442 on 06/10/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven the car 1000 miles now and only one problem so far. Now and then it makes a whining noise for about a minute then goes away.This happens once a day. Has anyone else had this problem? Good gas mileage and fun to drive.A whole lot better than the 05 Equinox I traded in for it.

Jeep styling with great mileage
By tryan02 on 05/11/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the compass for a month now and love it. Although I've only run one tank through it (its my second vehicle). I got 26 mpg on the first tank and it ain't broke in yet 300miles on it total. I bought the plain jane nothing on it to brag about. No problems so far. Great vehicle for the money got the $250 cash back made it a $15,000 vehicle talk about bang for the buck.

Almost 2 Month's Experience
By cmthov on 04/22/08 07:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Approaching 2 months and 2000 miles of commuting in Washington, DC -- avg 23.5 MPG (not bad for second worst traffic in the nation). CVT should be traded for Avenger's 4 spd auto even at expense of mileage. Love the overall driving position and utility. Wish there was less flash/rough edges where hands spend most time -- steering wheel and gear shift handle. Wide a-pillar width is distracting when rounding curves. Adequate rear seat leg room, but wouldn't want to sit on those seats for any length of time. Overall a competent beater, but it's quirks probably give it the lifespan, and legacy, of an AMC Pacer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.