An OK Little SUV
By Jay on
2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I have had my compass for 2 years, and I have had no major problems with it, aside from the computer needing to be flashed twice for recall stuff, but that seemed rather minor. I bought the FWD fro gas mileage, but after reading some other posts I appear to be getting pretty bad gas mileage, averaging only 25-26 on the highway, and about 20 in the city. Overall the interior has held up well but it is a bit boring when the "new" wears off. (hard plastic everywhere) I may be a bit biased (this is my first car with less than 220hp), but I think it needs more power! Put a V6 in it! All the safety computer stab. equipment works really well, but that's for another forum.
Favorite Features
The heated seats, boston speaker upgrade (the flip down speakers in liftgate...that I've used 1 time), and the exterior look. It is a sharp looking vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Better Gas mileage, aV-6, being able to lift just the back glass, some padding on the center armrest,relocate the cell / ipod holder from the armrest to near the center console (beside shifter maybe). This one may be a shock, but i think this vehicle should have been a car, Jeep needs a car.