2003 Infiniti G35 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Leather Consumer Review - Good but not great.

2003 Infiniti G35 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Leather)

Good but not great.
By bludvigsen on

2003 Infiniti G35 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used w/ 100K miles after my other car was totaled in a wreck. Overall, a very fast RWD car that looks good and has a solid, reliable 3.5L Nissan powertrain. Nice seats, good visibility. Combined MPG is 21-22, but I've nursed it to 28-29hwy. Push it and you'll see 15-17mpg real quick though. Overall a fun car to drive, looks good, and is reliable enough for me (I'm a salesman and drive a lot). I've heard of people getting 250k miles on theirs, which is good to know. There are some design flaws and electrical issues which are inexcusable though.

Favorite Features

Blistering power for a 4-door sedan. Relatively low repair costs compared to BMW or Audi. Decent room for 4 people. Nice driving feel - this is no buttery smooth and plain-vanilla Honda Accord or Toyota Camry.

Suggested Improvements

There are electrical issues. Bose CD changer is crap and is now kaputt. New AC/Audio control board with new head unit: aftermarket $600, dealer $1800. Headlights are weak even though they are HID. And try to replace a front turn signal or fog light- remove entire bumper and headlight assly for one single bulb and it turns into a 2 hour job instead of 2 minutes like any other car. I've given up on repairing the 3rd brakelight - I have no time to tear apart the entire back seat and rear deck for one light. There were some major corners cut in the design of wear parts in this car - I've owned Ford, GM, BMW and VW and neither were this complicated or difficult to self-maintain