2001 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Luxury you can afford

2001 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Luxury you can afford
By Antonito on

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the car. It rides very smooth, classy look,spacy,affordable,sound system great. Negative Features: Cruise control button is placed in inconvenient location. Mirrors stick out a little too far. Front bumber always scrapes when parking(too low). A little wind noise when windy and at high speed. If you get a side wind the car rocks. Power steering is a little loud. Upset that I didn't know they were coming out with a new model the following year. Over all I would recomend the car. I have had no problems with it. If you have an opportunity, test drive, you will be blown away. It drives like a new Jag!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and nice power. A lot of pick up when you need it. Interior is just amazing. Very elegant look. Very spacy. Body style is an eye catcher.

Suggested Improvements

Put the Cruise control on the steering wheel. Raise front at least 2 inches. Power seats both sides, not only driver side. Improve on road noise. Anti-lock brakes should be standard. Less noise on the power steering. Factory defect with air bag light.