Still going strong
By dragunz on
2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
Well, here it is 2013 and my 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS is still going strong. 128k miles on it, its paid off, and it has only had a few issues over the past six years other than standard maintenance. The one thing that still irks the hell out of me though is the staring wheel material. It has degraded and is basically crumbling away. I took it to the dealership when i was still within the 60k bumper to bumper warranty. They had the nerve to tell me it was not covered and i was causing the damage with my finger nails??? Oh well, that's what black electrical tape and steering wheel covers are for. All in all i am hoping to keep this car another two years for my daughter.
Favorite Features
The amount of 'cubbie holes' and spaces to put stuff in this car seem endless!! The trunk is nearly the same size as my mothers Lincoln Town Car!!! Mechanically it has exceeded my expectations, i just changed my first signal light after almost 6 years! The six speaker sound system was excellent for such an inexpensive car.
Suggested Improvements
PLEASE....fix whatever the material they are using for the steering wheel!! It does not hold up, and i hear that Hyundai is still denying people who have these issues fixes. Increase the size of the sunglasses holder, while it is wide enough, there is not enough depth for larger sunglasses.