2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:
Terrific vehicle!!
By Karen on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love the vehicle. Never buy American again due my experiences 4 almost 50 yrs driving. Vehicle has great power & pickup for a 4 sp auto trans. Gas mileage (approx 25 mpg) is great because drive about 45% city, bal hwy. Tend to gun it from stop lite. Handles well, comfortable to drive although at times feel the seats bit 2 low 4 long distance driving. Notice difference when driving dad's sonata. Noticed steering wheel was shaking at high speeds, learned rt front wheel was slightly bent. Hit a terrific pothole dec 2008 . Experienced blowout. Bought 2 new tires (not dealer) they didn't check wheel even though I explained what happened. Had slow leak. Now ok.

Customer Lost for Life
By Rebecca Gavin on 06/05/10 09:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am writing this review because I am extremely frustrated by an intermittent problem with the air conditioner. Basically, sometimes the air comes on, and sometimes it doesn't. It can take as long as 5-10 minutes for the fan to kick in. Imagine what that's like when it's 90 degrees out? Problem is, it's intermittent. I've had it in to the dealer. But if it's working when I bring it in, they can't figure out the problem. So, I will likely have to live with this as long as I have the car. I have to use my car for my job, so this is pretty awful. Every summer, it's the same thing. No more Hyundais for me.

cheap, tinny and reliable
By ben on 01/20/10 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have had the Hyundai since new, it now has 111,000 miles on it and it is very reliable and has never let us down. However, the rest of the car is falling apart around the drivetrain. The rear door locks don't work, the windshield broke the first year we bought it and it eats tires! Not to mention it dents if you look at it funny. It has not been a bad car but I would not buy another Hyundai. The fit and finish makes you feel like you failed in life somewhere and you will soon be parking this thing in front of your used trailer

One of the best used car values around
By mattba on 01/09/10 19:09 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Elantra is a 5spd model. Excellent power and fuel economy. Very good build quality and very comfortable for the class. This car feels like it will run forever. The only negatives are the ease in which you can dent the body panels and the engine turns a bit to many rpm's at highway speeds for my taste. The resale value is poor, which makes it an excellent used car value. I bought mine in Dec. of 08 with 23,000 miles on it for $7.5k Would highly recommend the Elantra

I luv my Elantra!
By Bruce on 12/29/09 11:24 AM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great car - cheap as hell to buy, own, and operate. We have 20K miles on in now - and we may not need to buy another car for a decade.

Nice car overall, but quality lacking
By G-man3000 on 12/03/09 19:23 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2006 Elantra for 3 years now (approx 50,000 miles on it), and I am the original owner. Overall, the car is nice, comfortable and economical. However, quality has been a disappointment. When I first bought the car the headlights were aimed too low, and the steering wheel had a vibration at highway speeds. Several months later, the armrest cover material peeled off, and I noticed the passenger airbag light stays on when a fairly lighter adult passenger is seated in the seat. The weight sensor is a bit out of spec I believe. Most recently, the CD player broke. Overall, I'd buy a Honda or Toyota...for a little more money, you get much better quality/resale value.

cold and frustrated
By frustratedelantra on 11/27/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

All though I have enjoyed my hyundai very much, in the winter it is very cold. I can't leave my car running to warm up without staying in it. There is a saftey feature that won't allow you to lock your doors with the car running so that you won't lock your self out. This may be good for people in warm places but for me it is very frustrating. When I asked my local dealer about it they weren't much help at all. Also for "SAFTEY REASONS" you should be able to lock yourself in in case an extreme situation forces you to do so.

Best First Car EVER!
By Jess2k9 on 09/27/09 15:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So i was looking into getting a car, and came across the Elantras. These cares are THE best. I have been getting about 30mpg in town and 39 on the freeway. The manual is so nice and is very peppy. It is very fun to drive around town and mess around in. The response time is great! Also i keep getting comments from my friends saying that it is very comfortable and how they love the sound quality! The sound is amazing! I love how they actually come with 2 subs installed in the back. Also the tweeters and subs in the front. Well put together. This car is a solid car and a great one! I would reccomend this car to anyone! I have not had any problems and love this car to death. You should buy one.

So far, so good
By krikel on 09/18/09 20:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have to say it's a good car for the money. Others complained about tires, but mine came with Michelins which were replaced just recently (I have 45K on the car). Brake pads replaced 1x so far, & just now need new battery. Only complaint is driver side wiper fails (loosens) when icy snow builds up (living in MA, this is gonna happen). Dealership told me Hyundai designed wiper to fail rather than ice buildup making wiper motor burn out. If this is true, why didn't they make it so the passenger side wiper fails when it ices up rather than driver's side? Also had weird problem with brake lights staying on, but was just a stuck switch. Dealership fixed at no cost as it was covered under warranty

better than a corolla
By better than corolla on 03/27/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Hyundai Elantra Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I agree its not the best looking car but its worth all the money I paid for it. I have driven this car to Las Vegas many times, so yes its comfortable and I make it in less than a tank of gas. Everything on the car still works perfect. My car has 35,000 miles on it and I've had it for 3 yrs I just had to change the tires. I've had no problems with it. It runs and looks new. I also have a 2002 elantra that runs perfect I also bought that car new and I'm now handing it down to my sister cause her corolla already broke down 5 times and she just got it 2 yrs ago.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.