2008 Hyundai Accent 1.6L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/XM Consumer Review - Practical yet Charming

2008 Hyundai Accent - Consumer Review

GLS Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/XM)

Practical yet Charming
By thesouthernaccent on

2008 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan w/XM (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

The Accent drives quite smoothly and in that way, it fits my driving style quite well. The most pressing complaint I have is its long shift time, which makes the GLS 4-speed automatic feel kind of like a manual. The suspension is loose too, which makes curves a little wobbly. However, it returns good real world MPG figures, and is very economical in other categories. Accent offers plenty of trunk room, passenger area and leg room, rear head rests, height adjustable seat belts, and many other features I probably still haven't discovered. For what it is, Accent is an excellent car.

Favorite Features

The exterior design is cute. It sort of looks like a "goomba" from Super Mario Brothers when viewed from the front. I also like the design of the passenger compartment (the radio is tilted to the driver's point of view) and the smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest making the steering wheel a little stiffer, as well as the suspension. Make the shift timing much quicker, also. That might compromise the ride quality, but I like a car to be nimble.