Not the fuel mileage you would expect!
By kgirl on
2006 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car specifically to get better gas mileage as my old car, a '99 Buick Century, was getting up there and losing it's MPGs (about 20- 21). As the gas prices soared, I thought I could and should do better, it was time for a new car. With all the Hyundai spots advertising 30/39, I thought the Accent would save me so much money in the future. Wrong! The car only gave me 21MPGs out of the gate. I bought one of those air flow jobbies and only got it up to 23- 24MPGs. I could have stayed in my Buick for this and it was already paid off! The look and the reliability are great, but I'm so disappointed overall. What was the point if the MPGs aren't nearly what they're claiming them to be?!
Favorite Features
The reliability is great. The car looks good and handles well. It's very cute overall.
Suggested Improvements
I don't find the seat very comfortable. It really needs some kind of lumber adjustment. The car really has no oomph when it comes to acceleration, but does hold speed very well in the higher gears. The seat fabric is cheap and stains easily. Why no cruise control option?!!!