Used 2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

This car is awesome
By Mike B

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

My 2000 Accent has 176,000 miles on it and has no problems. Runs excellent to this day. Great gas mileage, fun to drive, roomy for a sub-compact car. I can't complain. I love it.

The gas mileage is incredible, and it's pretty zippy as well

Needs a tachometer, more power. But you can get more power (40 more horsepower) by throwing an Elantra motor in if you'd like.

Not a pocket rocket, Not a fuel hog.
By Chris

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

With today's struggle over fuel costs, consumption, and supplies. It is a great value to have ownership of one of these little cars. The Accent has good lines and really good airflow which allow it to move down the road with very little wind resistance, making it feel as though you're barely moving while you fly down the road. It has the capability to corner on a dime, although it would not be recommended that you do so at speeds higher than 25mph as the narrow wheel base makes the experience feel a bit unstable. The fuel economy of this vehicle makes a drive from Illinois to Virginia still seems reasonable even with our current fuel crisis. The ride is a smooth one. I would recommend this car.

I like that the trunk cover behind the rear seat is removable, as mine is faded and turned a sort of smurf blue. it looks better without it anyhow. has good take off and picks up speed nicely.

They could do with air conditioning as a standard feature, this is the 21st century, they seem to be one of the last remaining models other than the kia rio to have it as an option, they could put wider tires and a wider wheel base to stabilize the vehicle during tight turns.

safety in an accident
By sincity

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

We were in a car crash that involved a wall with three kids in the back seat, NOT A SINGLE PERSON WAS INJURED. . . they car took all the force of the collision so that we were uninjured. . . That one accident sold me on that. . . sure it could have more guts and other stuff, but you can't buy a cheap car and think how safe it truly is. . .

Warranty is Worthless
By HaveToyotaNow

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

The car was ok at first. When, I moved north and commuting 80 miles a day(highway)trouble started. The car lost control allot even going slow. Parts cost allot and are only avail through Hyundai. The car started running poorly once the miles started going up. Final straw was a minor repair that cost 200. Only a dealership 1 hour away would look at my car & I was w/o it for 3 days because the closer ones couldnt be bothered and normal repair shops wouldnt do the work. BTW it wasnt covered under warranty and they blamed the place I had my oil changes done till someone from there called them. You get what you pay for!

It was cheap.

Make it safer & a bigger gas tank!

80,000 miles and not one problem
By Jefo

2000 Hyundai Accent Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Accent new and it has been used as a commute to work car ever since. The only extras are the AC and the rear spoiler. My vechile is about to reach the 80,000 mile mark in just 3 1/2 years with not a single breakdown or problem. I enjoy driving and maintaining so the manual tranny and easy engine layout fit me fine.

Good stereo, transmission gearing (a short first and long second & third) good road manners

bigger tires