Used 2009 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Awsome!
By Stan

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Currently have 8500 miles on it. Just got back from 2000+ mile trip -- Amarillo to Walsenburg, CO to San Luis Lake SP to Navajo SP to Durango to Albuquerque, NM to home. Towed 4400 lb (600 on hitch) travel trailer @ 55 mph (my choice -- was more comfortable driving 55 than faster -- I'm 67 yrs old!). Went over 3 passes (Raton: 7800ft, La Veta: 9400 ft, & Wolf Creek, 10,868 ft) -- 12.5 mpg while towing. Up passes at 55 mph until speed dropped, then reset cruise @ 40mph & stepped on throttle until transmission dropped into 2nd gear; walked the passes @ 3800rpm @ 40 mph in 2nd on cruise with no problems at all.

In bed trunk; dual heat zones; easy to drive; transmission will download to 3rd on downgrade to hold speed; D-3 button; trailer-ready; electric rear window; reliability; towing capacity; bed light locations; 12V outlets; 6 disk mp3 changer; sub-woofer. Dual-action tailgate.

Adjustable lumbar support for passenger

Superb!
By Stan - Amarillo

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Currently have 8500 miles on it. Just got back from 2000+ mile trip -- Amarillo to Walsenburg, CO to San Luis Lake SP to Navajo SP to Durango to Albuquerque, NM to home. Towed 4400 lb (600 on hitch) travel trailer @ 55 mph (my choice -- was more comfortable driving 55 than faster -- I'm 67 yrs old!). Went over 3 passes (Raton: 7800 ft, La Veta: 9400 ft, & Wolf Creek, 10,868 ft) -- 12.5 mpg while towing. Up passes at 55 mph until speed dropped, then reset cruise @ 40 mph & stepped on throttle until transmission dropped into 2nd gear; walked the passes @ 3800rpm @ 40 mph in 2nd on cruise with no problems at all. Absolutely fantastic truck. Has done everything I've asked of it & more.

In bed trunk; dual heat zones; easy to drive; transmission will download to 3rd on downgrade to hold speed; D-3 button; trailer-ready; electric rear window; reliability; towing capacity; bed light locations; 12 V outlets; 6 disk mp3 changer; sub-woofer.

Passenger adjustable lumbar support.

Love my Ridgeline
By diesel

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We decided to trade in our old SUV and get a pickup. The only Truck I was really interested in was a Ridgeline. Good news is I have not been disappointed in the four months since our vehicle purchase. The Ridgeline definitely turns heads. It is a very stylish truck with nifty features. Driving is a pleasure as there is almost a car like feel when driven. Overall a big time winner!

Very roomy. Fits five full size adults with ease. The fold up second seats are great. Love the in bed trunk! Stereo system is fine. Handles off- roading just fine.

The bed of the trunk needs to be more scratch resistant. Gas milage could be a little better. Finally why not a third seat in the front? There is plently of room for it.

Why stop?
By SPANKIE

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Word is that Honda will no longer build the Ridgeline. Too bad. Yes, it is different, but who else has the in bed trunk? I carry enough tools to fill it and I can keep a clean truck without loading and unloading daily. The ride is great and it pulls my boat with ease. I hope someone takes this concept and continues. If you really need a truck, buy one. BUT, if you just need a truck once in a while, the Ridgeline is great. I'm on my 3d one, so I was sold by the versatility and pleasant drive.

in bed trunk

2009 Honda Ridgeline
By Larry

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not real quick but will tow well and is build like a brick **** house. A 17 year old plowed in the back end of my truck and you could barely tell. Her car had to be towed.

Trunk that doubles as a cooler. dual open tail gate. Windows open by using the key in the door lock. Back seats flip and lock in the upright position for more storage.

Needs way better fuel economy. Telescoping steering wheel. I pod connection standard. make the wiring harness and floor mats standard. DUH. OH and needs a way better sound system. Other than that I LOVE THIS TRUCK.