2009 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
It's a Keeper
By Patrick on 04/02/10 10:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Has all the things in need in a pickup, all I read is that they have no power etc. BS. I traded in a 02 Silverado 5.3 V-8 and can honestly no tell much difference at all. But the gas mileage is much better. Don't listen to Non-Owners they're full of it. Only listen or talk to owners for there input.

Nissan Owner NO MORE
By cmiller65 on 02/23/10 08:45 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always owned Nissan vehicles for performance and rugged reliability. My Ridgeline was a 2009 leftover so it was worth looking at for the price. Simply put, the most fundamental, practical, and comfortable vehicle ever made.

Good Truck
By moman on 02/20/10 14:01 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is a replacement for my 2007 Tundra. Not as big however it is fun to drive and great in the snow. MPG is 14 City and 18 Hgwy however I expect it to get better with more miles on it. After 3 bumpers, three radios, new tires, drive belt, and battery on Tundra, it was worth giving up all the compliments on the Tundra's appearance to get a quality truck.

Dirt Bike Friendly
By Fun Truck on 01/23/10 21:57 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this truck to carry two Honda dirt bikes in the back and to tow a tent trailer all at the same time. I love this truck and it does everything I need a truck to do and more. Plus it is a Honda with outstanding quality, fantastic ride, and great gas mileage for a bigger truck. I test drove all the new trucks before buying and the Honda Ridgeline was by far the best truck for my lifestyle. I live in snow country and the AWD system works great. Honda's design for utility and storage is excellent.

my klunker trade
By tiger on 01/07/10 06:46 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had many Honda / Acura's this is typical high quality, surprisingly large inside, 5 foot bed is all I need, in bed trunk is amazing, great feature, it replaced an old Silverado so not quite the towing capacity, but don't need that now. GREAT in SNOW, seamless transition to 4WD, great traction with stock tires, only my 2006 Acura RL has better traction on snow and ice. Could get better gas mileage, probably will increase with age is my Honda experience.

Honda El Camino
By Joe on 12/23/09 10:08 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this Car/truck for about a year and a half, drove it of off the lot new. Nicely executed interior, excellent stereo and nav. Real size seats for a change in a Japanese vehicle. All wheel drive is great when the going gets slippery. The trunk rocks. Terrible gas mileage. I get 14 in the city maybe 16 on the highway. Dealer says this is normal. When I tow 2 atvs on a 12ft trailer, I have had as low as 8mpg on the highway. This thing hates to tow. If you are planning on regularly towing anything do not get this truck. For the occasional run to the home store you're probably good.

A Great Vehicle
By Tim on 12/14/09 07:10 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife has an 2007 RTS and complained that I was always taking her Ridgeline whenever I left the house. Told me to get my own, so I did. I couldn't be more pleased. Love driving the Ridgeline. Getting much better mileage than advertised. My first trip got 22.2 mpg and several tanks later, the worst I have gotten is 19.6 mpg. Love all the storage compartments.My Ridgeline handles like a car. I have driven all the trucks and this is by far my favorite.

Best for our family
By Richie on 12/04/09 22:24 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you are interested in an excellent choice for a family utility truck, the Honda Ridgeline RTS would be your choice. I traded in a 2008 Civic because my commuting days were over. I am extremely impressed with the quality, ride virtually no road noise and excellent workmanship of this vehicle. Although I don't drive aggressively, gas mileage on the road for me has been seen at 22.8 mpg using the cruise control on the Interstate. City has shown 17-18 mpg. Hauling utility and trailering is excellent with ample power. I really appreciate the under deck storage trunk and rear seat foldups to allow for ample carrying capacity. If your looking for the ultimate family vehicle, this is it.

2009 Honda RT Ridgeline
By Ed on 11/23/09 07:38 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a Ridgeline 3 weeks ago. Have used it for hauling dirt bikes, firewood and took it deer hunting in the woods. This thing does it all for the everyday man. Not for the contractor worker. Runs great, peppy, hugs the road - no lean. First out I did trip displays, got 18.2 - 20.3 mpg. Not bad for 500 miles on it. Compares to mpg on my Chevy silverado. Roomy front and back seats and lots of storage. Love the trunk idea. Works great for locking the chain saw in and other valuables. A good all-around multi-use vehicle for the everyday dad/man.

Good Choice
By Richie on 11/10/09 09:07 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We were looking for a versatile vehicle, the Ridgeline RTS fits the bill perfectly. We didn't need a work horse like a Ford 150 or GMC mule. I don't need to run off road over rocks and through rivers. The Ridgeline is very comfortable, quiet and the styling does turn heads. Getting 17 in the city and have seen 22.8 on the highway. Use cruise control for best mileage. I enjoy having a good handling vehicle for hauling those lighter loads and towing my 20' boat If you are a not in need of a big truck and want reasonable utility, this is your vehicle. Take it from me, you won't be sorry.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Ridgeline in VA is:

$134 per month*