2013 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love our new car
By hawliann on 03/12/13 10:41 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We recently purchased our New Honda Pilot at Commonwealth Motors in Haverhill,MA. Our sales person was Gary Kotyla, he was very helpful and thorough going over all the details of the purchase and all we needed to know about our new Pilot. This is our second Pilot that we have purchased from Commonwealth Motors and we are very happy! Michael & Hawli Stuart

2013 "Pilot" ECO Mode Vibration
By dr_frivolous on 03/12/13 09:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This being my second new Honda Pilot in six years I would have to say I'm somewhat disappointed. Even though the 2013 Pilot has been totally redesigned from my previous 2008 Pilot, I've found serious flaws with the engine and transmission. The 2008 Pilot never had any noticeable "spark knock" whereas the 2013 definitely does. Also, there is a distinct vibration while in ECO mode when traveling on relatively flat roadways when applying light fuel pedal pressure. Lastly, the molding over the rear door is noticeable uneven. It appears (with the exception of the molding) these are things I will have to live with as the Dealership says they are natural characteristics of the vehicle.....

Vibration' can't repair it so call it normal
By disappointed88 on 02/27/13 17:42 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Pilot Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i purchased a 2013 Honda Pilot in December 2012. The follolwing day i reported a vibration, which service department said was a wheel weight. After leaving the vehicle for 3 days the SD (service department) replaced a front motor mount which was to resolve the problem. No problem solved, Still vibrating. Two weeks later I returned the vehicle for 3 more days. SD replaced the rear motor mount. Still vibrates. After trying to repair the vehice 2 times with no success Honda Customer Service calls it a " Normal vibration".Now that Honda Engineering can't resolve the vibration issue the SD calls it a "Characteristic of the vehicle". The SD informed me that all the 2013 Pilot 2WD have a vibration

Best SUV out there
By ssmith000 on 02/15/13 16:34 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Pilot Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at several different SUVs including the Volvo XC90. The Volvo XC90's ride was too rigid and the design was very outdated. Also, not a lot of space. Saw the Honda Pilot at a local auto show and fell in love. Had all of the features you could ask for. Not to mention the Honda's reputation of being very reliable. The Pilot does not feel like a large SUV when driving, but the cabin space is huge! Plenty of room for 8 adults with plenty of storage. Took it on a long distance trip that was about 7 hours and was completely satisfied with the comfort and drive. Love the navigation, rear entertainment system, backup camera and hands free bluetooth. Overall a great vehicle.

Traded 2wd touring for 4wd touring
By marias on 01/18/13 16:03 PM (PST)

Traded my 2011 2wd touring for a 2013 4wd. Just paying $25/month more on 36 month lease. (Now its $525/mo) I like the 4wd model much better. 2wd tends to spin front wheels on acceleration and pulls hard to right from stop. Like the 4wd much better, plus it can tow 2x more.

Moving from 2010 Touring AWD w/DVD/RES to 2013
By assassin11b3p on 01/04/13 12:37 PM (PST)

What I love about this vehicle (2010), is how it works so damned good in the real world. As mentioned in the article, its boxy shape means large items go in without any worries, unlike the RX330 we traded-up from and all of its slopes. It's third row accommodates even my large body (5-10, 235lbs), and 8 people can travel in comfort. The fuel mileage is excellent too- nearly showing 25mpg on a week-long trip a couple years ago, and needing only about 2 tanks of gas to travel from TN to MS and then AL, and back, with a lot of driving in between (and on regular fuel), really impressed me. No, it doesn't have Suburban-class towing, but I don't need that. And it's not a large vehicle!

Another solid Pilot
By strokeoluck2 on 12/26/12 16:39 PM (PST)

We trade our '08 Ex-L in on a '13 Touring model. So far, we love it. It's very smooth and comfortable on the road. We've not experienced any of the "chugging" sensation when in cruise mode, as others described on the '12's. And I really don't understand why people complain about the Pilot's acceleration - it's MORE than adequate for soccer moms. I have a 330 HP BMW sports car, and I can tell you I am VERY pleased with the acceleration of the Pilot. Only drawback so far has been the navigation system. It's ok once you get used to it, but it's not real intuitive. It would also be nice to have remote start (not on a $40k car?!), but that's a bit nit-picky. Overall, another solid Pilot.

Nice car but due for an update
By bebo2014 on 12/24/12 17:42 PM (PST)

This is my second Honda Pilot. Honda is very well known for producing reliable vehicles. This Pilot is no exception. Very roomy from inside. Smooth drive on highways. Acceleration is sluggish. You also feel like driving a truck rather than an SUV. I used to own a Murano before my new pilot, which was more fun to drive. I like the boxy exterior which makes it more unique than current SUVs in the market today. Seats are comfortable. Excellent sound for the Touring although does not carry a brand sound system like the majority of other SUVs. I am getting about 24 MPG on highways but about 14 to 15 MPG in the city.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Pilot in VA is:

$102 per month*