2011 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Middle/End of the pack? Waitam

2011 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Middle/End of the pack? Waitaminute folks!
By crgeorgia on

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an '08 RDX for an '11 EX-L 12/22/10. Came close to ignoring the Pilot after reading the editors review. We had an '05, so visited the local Honda dealer for a test drive. Bought it immediately after. Here is my take after a 1200 mile round trip from GA to FL (7.5 hrs ea way). Performance, acceleration, handling, and braking are fine. It is relatively quiet, quite comfortable, and a pleasure to drive on a long trip. We got 22.8 mpg with a new engine & cruise set @ 77-83. Center stack does have a lot of buttons; but, the layout is quite logical rendering it a non-issue. The vehicle also features outstanding reliability and owner satisfaction over the long term (check Consumer Reports).

Favorite Features

Solid ride, regular fuel, lots of room, quiet, and comfortable. Nearly 23 mpg at speed with a new engine (performance should improve a little as the engine actually wears in). My wife adores it.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to see Bluetooth standard in a $34k vehicle. We fixed the problem with a $75 aftermarket device; but, I was surprised to find it not part of the EX-L package. However, in fairness, I was also completely surprised to find (as I was loading for our FL trip) a trailer hitch standard in the EX-L package.