2011 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Excellent Family Vehicle

2011 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Excellent Family Vehicle
By yojoe on

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Pilot for 7 months and 6600 miles. It just got the first oil change. The car performs very well on the Interstate. The MPG's are about 14.5 city and on the interstate I have experiences tanks averaging 18 up to 25.5 ( all with AC on). I have been only using Premium gas. I do not understand the large MPG variation on the interstate. It could be gas quality. The VCM engine has performed just fine without any complaint. I do notice when the engine is in 3 cylinder mode.

The overall size of the car provides a very spacious interior. My wife loves the rear AC controls. The road handling and ride is very smooth and stable feeling on the interstate.

They could have taken a few more minutes to assemble the interior. The fabric on the doors is sloppy looking around the door handles. Some of the joints could match up better.
By hondaowner56
on 07/31/11 19:30 PM (PDT)

Hello, may I ask if there's a difference, other than the price, in using Premium gas on the Honda Pilot LX even if it's designed to run fine on Regular Unleaded? Is the mileage better with Premium? Thanks.