Used 2011 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Navigation is worthless without traffic.
By shof

2011 Honda Pilot Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Spending extra to get a car with all the bells and whisles it was very disapointing to find out the navigation system is unable to give traffic avoidence. Even with the XM radio traffic subscription. If they do not provide a way to fix. It will be my last honda. And to think I could have bought the base model, and a Tom Tom or Nuvi, like I have in my other car that does it all for $200. And saved 5 to 10 grand.

Better tow rating. Black guages. Middle row seats the recline more. Move the shifter.

really love my 2011 pilot LX
By barleybrewer55

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with my 2011 pilot LX. I traded in my 2004 Honda Element for the new pilot. The element seated 4 people the pilot 8 people. The element had a 4 banger that got 25 mpg, the pilot has a 250 hp v-6, is getting 24 mpg on long trips. The pilot is smooth, tracks well, and spacious. The pilot tows my 3000 pound boat well. I like everything about the purchase. Sticker was 31,000, paid 27,000.

low noise cabin, no rattles. Handles well, in fact I like the handling better than our 2009 odysessy exl res. Pilot is 8 inches wider than the ody. Better seating position. Tows my boat well.

Not much, maybe the styling could be rounded a little.

Like it so far...
By buff1480

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had it for about a week now and my family loves it. I've only driven sports coupes and sedans up to this point so the fun-factor is definitely lacking. But it is a very comfortable car for a fairly large family (have a 6 year old and 5 year old, expecting another in December).

Back-up Camera embedded in rear view mirror, seat folding options, tri-zone climate control.

Honestly, the one thing I don't like inside the car are the buttons that control the climate control. Looks very cheap. Also, acceleration lags. A stronger engine may be called for with the size of the vehicle being so large now.

The 3rd Honda in our auto stable of 3
By nyccarguy

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are expecting our 3rd child in December and neither my wife's 2010 Acura TSX nor my 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH is going to cut the mustard for our growing family. We need a vehicle that had 4WD or AWD, lots of cargo capacity, 3 rows of seats, but above all else have 3 sets of LATCHes in the 2nd row. The Pilot fit the bill perfectly. We've had it for 12 days and have already put over 1,000 miles on it. It rides comfortably, provides decent steering feedback, has tons of passenger space & cargo space. It doesn't get the best expert reviews, but look at the consumer reviews. Drive a Pilot and you'll see that it fits your lifestyle.

Flat folding seats, 3rd row of seats, LATCHes for 3 Child Safety seats across the 2nd row (& one set in the 3rd row), Backup Camera, Navigation, Ride, Handling, Sharp looking 5 spoke wheels, Climate Control, Lots of storage, comfortable seats, 4WD. Everything I need & wanted with an MSRP of just over $38K. As far as I'm concerned, nothing else in the segment touches it.

Gas Mileage could be improved with a 6 or 8 speed automatic transmission, but at what cost (Transmissions are a lot more expensive than gasoline, even at $4+ per gallon). It isn't a sports car, but a few more ponies under the hood wouldn't hurt. Right now the 250 hp is fine.

Honda Ya SOLD me.....Again
By billbert

2011 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my 10 civic exl navi for 11 LX 4WD ..Our 20th honda since 19804..Great bang for the buck (lease)..Does it all well so far.. Looking forward to miles of smiles.. getting 17 -20 so far..guessing to 25 on trips...Nice comfortable supportive seats.. 8 pass ..quiet for a suv/truck.600 a year less to insure than civic...wife loves it and has no problem wheeling it around..exact same length width as out 06 shorty caravan... nicely optioned /bult and quality for 359 month 3yr/36k lease... have had 2 burbs/ 4 runner/blazer..my guts feeling is this will top em all..will tow 4500 lb s too!!! IMO looks great in white also..I dont think I d swap my brother for his Platinum Sequoia at 55k for value

build quality performs nice for V6.. edmunds says it a little slow.. run the pedal down ..its moves just fine low wind noise at speed even with good sized mirrrors..mine vehichle shows zero problems so far..

Bluetooth for all hondas..I cant imagine how many sales they will miss for a 20 dollar across the product line addition..safety and MORE sales ...penny wise and pound foolish Honda..