Should have stuck with 14-year old Volvo
By kshak on
2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
My first new car purchase ever, and I couldn't be sorrier. People are amazed that one couldn't be happy with a new car, but while CR-V has great comfort, notable reliability (it should, for a 3 month old car) and impeccable safety in a crash, that's where the benefits end. Gas mileage poor poor poor! Well below stated EPA averages. Trying my best to drive like granny to eek out 18 mpg around town and 21 on highway. Acceleration on highway in a pinch seemingly takes forever to kick in, then lurches you forward; blind spots the size of elephants in back. And for size of car, not that great a storage space in back. Missing the old Volvo clunker. Honda can and should do better!
Favorite Features
Blue night lights on dash; fold down seats; glacier blue color; driver arm rests; heated seats
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage! Unthinkable that in this day and age engineers can't do better than 17-18 mpg in city on a car this size! Fix acceleration problem. (do I hear class action suit ?) minimize blind spots - they make an otherwise safe car very unsafe!