2010 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Not as great as I had hoped
By slosoosie on 06/16/11 20:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CRV nearly a year. I am disappointed with the gas mileage and the lack of acceleration (mushy). I read the other Edmunds reviews and don't see really any other complaints on this - but I don't think that its right. I mentioned to dealer and they couldn't find a problem. Anyway. I like this vehicle. My other Honda is a 91 Accord coupe and frankly I think the 91 is better made and certainly gets better milage with 180 K on it. When I bought the CRV I thought it would last too, but I am not so sure. It is pretty but it just doesn't perform as expected on the highway. Maybe I will trade in for a different model.

One Year Update
By jjbean12 on 06/05/11 21:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my car for almost a year now. The CRV was a gift to myself after graduating college. I love everything about the car! I havn't had a problem since I drove it off that lot. I've driven to the mountains in Colorado during bad winter storms. The automatic 4-wheel drive made me a bit nervous (in my Jeep I would manual turn on the 4-wheel drive), but it delivered every time. I suggest taking into an icy parking lot and driving around to get used to the feel of the 4-wheel drive. Overall, I love my car and I probably will continue buying Honda's.

Best Little SUV
By jcihak on 03/26/11 12:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V for six month and driven it through a very snowy Pennsylvania winter. Overall, I love the CR-V and would not hesitate to buy one again. Pros: - Part time AWD was great in snow and icy conditions. Never got stuck even going up icy roads. Got wind-blown into a snow bank and drove right back out - Great MPG for AWD SUV - averaging almost 26 mpg mostly rural (29mpg on the highway) - Leather seats are very very comfortable on long drives - Tons of cargo capacity Cons: - Mine and many other CR-Vs have poor fit and finish. Doors and trim don't line up right. - Jarring over bumps - more like a truck than a car - Nav is primitive and overpriced

Nice little vehicle but...
By crvissues on 02/18/11 18:09 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

1st of all I do like my CRV EXL 4WD but I have had problems with it. 1. Hobble bobble from the left rear like I had a flat spot on my tire when going 30+mph. Went to the dealer they said it was the nature of the vehicle. True as I drove another( used) and felt the same thing. My thought was it had the same problem. Why else would someone trade it off at 12k miles. a. Took it to another dealer and they over balanced the tires stating that was the problem. Not at all, it was still there if not worse. b. Took it to a private shop and they pulled the drive trane and replace it for it was out of balance. Honda picked up the cost. The problem is still there. Then thinking it was the tires I have replaced them 4 times + lined up and it was even worse. At this point I just wanted to return/ trade off the CRV off for something other than a Honda ( this is my first and last one) 2. My ABS and traction control light came on and stayed on. Back to the private autoshop and they discoverd the sensor wire on the left front was broken. Called Honda and it's still under warranty. It goes back in next week. Buying a new car I expect perfection and this has missed the mark. Getting the push off from the dealers in place of taking me seriously was most disheartening. I researched for 9 months on which car to buy and chose this one over many and it has turned out to be a dud. I wish they still made the Jeeps with the in line 6. They rode like a tank, held up well, ran like a sewing machine with over 240k miles on it. Should've kept it! The CRV Is pretty and has all the creature comforts except I think the seats are cheap leather and are uncomfortable. I hope they can correct the problems with it. Next up after fixing the lights perhaps a rear axle. Actually I want the quality of car Honda is so proud of and that I paid for :) I feel as though I've been hoodwinked! Anyone else had problems?

Nine Months So Far So Good
By mkaylag on 02/06/11 05:56 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CRV 9 months ago and so far I love it. My friend bought a 2010 Kia Sorento the same time I did and they've already are having problems like oil leaks and electrical failures. I would have loved the 6-cylinder upgrade option but the 4-cylinder is sufficient and the car is GREAT on gas. This is the first Honda I've ever owned and I'm not disappointed, yet.

6 month update
By adansereau on 12/18/10 04:28 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i now have nearly 5000 miles on my ex awd crv. quality, comfort, reasonable mpg ie 21-23 around town and 28 highway not to bad for awd. it is quite, handles well, and the build quality is second to none. i have had over 50 vehicles and i know a good one and this is one of the best . i have to say there is nothing that stands out that needs changing, it nearly perfect.

A car for the elderly
By Economan on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First car owned since 2003 (haven't needed one living in NYC). After 6 months of ownership & 6000 miles I am frustrated by this vehicle. The engine is amazingly weak off the line, the windshield wipers do not clear the windshield of rain, the a/c is weak above 90 degrees, and the suspension is loose and cheap. But the nav, bluetooth, back-up camera work well and it fits our family of 5 reasonably comfy. Definitely not a sports car or a luxury car, or all that enjoyable to drive. Will probably replace it with new X3 next year. Averaging 23 mpg city/highway combined.

First Honda of Many?
By sw44057 on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this CR-V a few weeks ago at the urging of my wife. Was surprised by the room inside the cabin. Very open design. Wish it had a V6 available but the four seems to do just fine, you're certainly not going to blow by people on the road.

Sales and service
By kathy714 on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent ride , both in the city and highway, window visibility excellent. mileage, almost 30 on highway. handles easily.

So far so good
By Teej on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Five hundred miles on the car so far and I am very pleased with the ride and fuel economy I'm getting (26-27 mpg). Switched from a 2004 Jeep Liberty. Test drove RAV4 and found it to have more road noise and gauges/clock were more difficult to read. Forester is a slug in comparison to CR-V. There is plenty of acceleration, especially where it matters - when you are trying to pass people at 75 mph on a steep hill. It's a little sluggish between 25-35 mph but you can get the acceleration you need if you're willing to be heavy footed. Interior layout is generally good. Seats are a little stiff and the lack of storage in the console is an annoyance. All in all - very happy with my decision!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$109 per month*