Used 2010 Honda CR-V LX SUV Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Hate to let this great SUV go!
By trishakeim@yahoo.com

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. This car replaced my Toyota Tacoma pick-up and had big shoes to fill in doing that, happily I can say it more than served it's purpose for me and my family. From simply around town errand driving to long road trips, this zippy car is comfortable, has great pick-up, is safe in the wind and rain and is an all around great car. It looks like a Lexus when it has had a wash!

Honda slow to resolve issues.
By wadelovell

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CRV has been revised since the 2011 model so the rear tire wear problems may have been addressed by now. If not, plan to spend $500 - $1,500 a year on tires depending on your driving habits. The rears cup or scallop just as the did on the CIVIC but HONDA has yet (May 2014) to issue a technical service bulletin to correct the CRV.

The CRV is easy to drive and high enough to have a good view of traffic as situations develop ahead. Our prior vehicle was a Pilot which Honda advertised as "Big, not Bloated". I beg to differ. At the time we had four teenagers with us everywhere we went and the third row of seats was a handy feature.

Fix the rear wheel issue whether it is the alignment specs, as many believe, or the unadjustable camber.

Bad Tires, CD players and Poorly Assembled
By kalam1970

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my NEW Honda CR-V in Feb 2010. It was assembled in Mexico. On the basis of reliability reputation of 'Honda', I decided to buy CR-V out of 3 choices- CR-V, RAV4 and Subaru Forester. In Feb 2010, Toyota was giving very good deal (0% APR) and Forester was rated the best. However, price for RAV4 and Forester was $1000 more than CR-V LX. As I thought I got good deal and I don't have any 'Brand' biasness, I bought CR-V. After 2yrs and driving 21,000 miles, it needs tire changed costing me $850. I am disappointed. Honda did not keep up its reputation. Plastic things fall off, clock runs fast, CD player get very hot within short time. Make noise when starts moving due to loose plastic...

Not as great as I had hoped
By slosoosie

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CRV nearly a year.
I am disappointed with the gas mileage and the lack of acceleration (mushy).
I read the other Edmunds reviews and don't see really any other complaints on this - but I don't think that its right.
I mentioned to dealer and they couldn't find a problem.
Anyway.
I like this vehicle.
My other Honda is a 91 Accord coupe and frankly I think the 91 is better made and certainly gets better milage with 180 K
on it.
When I bought the CRV I thought it would last too, but I am not so sure.
It is pretty but it just doesn't perform as expected on the highway.
Maybe I will trade in for a different model.

Sales and service
By kathy714

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent ride , both in the city and highway, window visibility excellent. mileage, almost 30 on highway. handles easily.

visibility window, easy to drive, dashboard easy to read

would have like more storage , similar to the 2002 CR-V we have