2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Honda slow to resolve issues.
By wadelovell on 05/16/14 13:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CRV has been revised since the 2011 model so the rear tire wear problems may have been addressed by now. If not, plan to spend $500 - $1,500 a year on tires depending on your driving habits. The rears cup or scallop just as the did on the CIVIC but HONDA has yet (May 2014) to issue a technical service bulletin to correct the CRV.

Bad Tires, CD players and Poorly Assembled
By kalam1970 on 03/15/12 10:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my NEW Honda CR-V in Feb 2010. It was assembled in Mexico. On the basis of reliability reputation of 'Honda', I decided to buy CR-V out of 3 choices- CR-V, RAV4 and Subaru Forester. In Feb 2010, Toyota was giving very good deal (0% APR) and Forester was rated the best. However, price for RAV4 and Forester was $1000 more than CR-V LX. As I thought I got good deal and I don't have any 'Brand' biasness, I bought CR-V. After 2yrs and driving 21,000 miles, it needs tire changed costing me $850. I am disappointed. Honda did not keep up its reputation. Plastic things fall off, clock runs fast, CD player get very hot within short time. Make noise when starts moving due to loose plastic...

Not as great as I had hoped
By slosoosie on 06/16/11 20:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CRV nearly a year. I am disappointed with the gas mileage and the lack of acceleration (mushy). I read the other Edmunds reviews and don't see really any other complaints on this - but I don't think that its right. I mentioned to dealer and they couldn't find a problem. Anyway. I like this vehicle. My other Honda is a 91 Accord coupe and frankly I think the 91 is better made and certainly gets better milage with 180 K on it. When I bought the CRV I thought it would last too, but I am not so sure. It is pretty but it just doesn't perform as expected on the highway. Maybe I will trade in for a different model.

Sales and service
By kathy714 on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent ride , both in the city and highway, window visibility excellent. mileage, almost 30 on highway. handles easily.

An above avg small SUV
By urpapa on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Folks, this is just a small SUV, so don't expect too much on power and torque. And since it's "SUV", so don't expect its MPG better than your CIVIC either. Overall, a well built car with better than average power and MPG. I have no problem merging on freeways, cruising on streets. Comb MPG is always around 26. Worst MPG ever got was around 20 (mainly driven on streets). Handling is Honda typical, meaning good. You can drive it like a sedan except when you cornering. After all it's SUV. Nice thing to note is you can change oil once a YEAR. But to be kind to your car, and FGS, change the oil every 6 months.

A Great Vehicle!
By layabout1000 on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought a 2010 CR-V for myself and a 2010 Accord for my wife. We love driving them!

Love My CR-V
By kbrass on 04/18/10 15:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in 2005 Honda Odyssey. Love Honda reliability. First 3 tanks of gas avg 21.5, 20.5, 21.3 mpg, all city driving. Handles well and for a 4 cylinder it has some pep. Front seats are a little stiff, but mine started to loosen on the way home from the dealer and are now very comfortable. It is also very spacious on the interior. I am 6 ft tall and can sit in the back seat with 4-5 inches knee room to spare. My kids love riding in it. Cargo area holds quite a bit of stuff. Ride is a little bumpy on rough roads, but not any worst than my Odyssey. I really enjoy driving my CR-V and couldn't be happier with my purchase. If you don't need the fancy bells and whistles the LX is plenty.

Purchase Experience
By Melan Hoang on 03/23/10 23:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's very stable driving my new CR-V and the seats are comfortable. I buy this new CR-V because I had a CR-V before. Honda vehicles are very reliable. This my third car that I bought from Honda.

Clunker level MPG 17.4
By Maria on 02/17/10 06:57 AM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am utterly disappointed with the mileage I'm getting per gallon. It's brand new and I've driven it 1200 miles. I'm getting 17.4 mpg. Unbelievable, both highway and city driving. On slippery or snowy roads, it slides easily. I am going to try to return it.

My first SUV
By Oldengineer on 02/09/10 20:35 PM (PST)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CRV is the first SUV I've ever owned - having driven sedans for 40+ years. The vehicle drives and handles like an excellent sedan. I find it very comfortable on long trips. The engine performs decently enough and is well matched to the smooth shifting 5 speed automatic. I like the interior room and the large cargo capacity. Even though my CRV is an entry level model, its reasonably well equipped. Build quality is excellent, and the interior appears to be of high quality. My only beef with the CRV is its so-so fuel economy at interstate speeds. Other than that I'm very satisfied with the vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$109 per month*