Used 2005 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Az. Hwys
By VBF

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This CR-V handles better than I expected. On I-10 in Az. at 75 MPH when 18 wheelers pass u don't even know it. Used on back dirt roads with no problem. Have taken it across the desert as well as into the mts. Equally at home.

Favorite Features

Handling. 16" std. tires really work well.

Suggested Improvements

Removable rear seats, better location for auto trans dipstick, radiator overflow bottle and windshield washer bottle.

My Last CR-V
By dave14139

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our second and last CR-V. Has served us well but we are just tired of this small vehicle (we are not large people). Just put second set of rear rotor and pads on the rear at 50,000 miles. Fronts on second set of pads. Need to replace the rear caliper, $375 at dealer for parts only. $74 at autozone. CR-V is alright for around-town driving but too small for a road trip. OEM tires terrible - now on Michelins and much better ride. 26-27 mpg on highway trip at 70-75 mph. AWD works great as we live in Buffalo snow belt. Considering used grand caravan or Odyssey.

Favorite Features

AWD, Stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce the road noise, improve brake durability, improve fuel mileage.

Honda CRV first 6 months
By mrdad1

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchase in March of 05 have 10089 miles break down 70% interstate 30% city. A few reviews have mentioned a pulling to the right I did take it back to dealer twice. There still seems to be a tendency to pull to the right but this is over a long strech of road. It offers comfortable ride minor road noise and excellent fit and finish. As to performance it is 160 HP with a five speed automatic fwd. When I need to get moving the design of vehicle drops you down from 5th to 3rd gear and you increase about 1200RPM if you are runnig the A/C that is design to go off for time your demanding the HP to accelerate. When done A/C comes back on go back to 5th gear. MPG high 27.24 low 20.41 average 23.38

Favorite Features

Finish of car and interior layout. I especially like shifter on dash not on steering column. The back seats being adjustable.

Off-Road Review
By autophotographer1

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I photograph vehicles for a living and I drive all sorts of different types of vehicles. I have to say, this was the most fun I have ever had driving an SUV off road for my pictures. I took a Chevy Avalanche in the same area I took this Honda CR-V. I had a hard time getting the Chevy Avalanche to climb this solid 45 slope for pictures, however this little CR-V took the slope like it was NOTHING! I'm a fan of large trucks and SUV's but guess what. Those larger trucks and SUV's are not going to make it through tight trails behind woods like this little fox can. It's more comfortable than it looks and has a lot more room than portrayed.

Favorite Features

I love the little picnic table that comes standard with this vehicle. It could be so useful in many ways regardless if you go camping or not. You can go to the park with your kids and make it a nice little lunch table.

Suggested Improvements

As mentioned before. I am not a big fan of the way this vehicle looks. The design could use a lot of improvements. It also could use a ride- height adjustment feature. The one thing I did notice was all the grass and twigs touching the underbody. No damage taken, but definitely gave me a cringe.

I love my CR-V so far!
By britbug

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V just 5 months ago, so I will not address longevity. It had 22,000 miles, now it has 28,000. I have experienced no mechanical problems. I now drive on average 70 miles a day, and the driver's seat is fine for a long drive. I have a 75lb dog who can sit, stand, walk, lay down, look out the window, and stretch in the back with the seats folded up. All of that space and I still get 25-27 mpg with only a third of my driving being on the highway. I've had no complaints from passengers in a full car on comfort. The value of this vehicle is unbelievable, I wish I had bought it as my first car rather than my second, I love it!

Favorite Features

The large cup holders can hold a double gulp, and I love having three in the front - one for each passenger and one for an ashtray. The compartment by the radio is very useful for holding my cell phone car charger, iPod, and other valuables with keeping them out of sight of passer-bys when I'm parked. Also keeps them from sliding around while they are being used and is easily accessible to the driver. The cargo space is great, but did scratch easily. The details of the convenient interior are not readily apparent until you drive it daily! The sensitive and responsive brakes have helped me avoid many accidents and the safety ratings are definitely a comfort to me.

Suggested Improvements

Floor seems high on the passenger's side in the front when I've sat in it. I'm only 5'11'', so that's not great for taller passengers. Hated the look of the long, skinny tail lights when I got it, but they've grown on me. The car may look "boxy" and slightly unattractive, but the lack of blind spots unlike many SUVs and crossovers are well worth it. Honestly, I can't complain about much with this car! All I've done is get a new battery, oil change, and tinted windows.