2002 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
great car
By chick on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

sold my 2000 Honda crv and the difference is more then I expected especialy the pickup and the quietness of this car.

Typical Honda Quality (The Best)
By LovCom on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is one solid vehicle. The 4 cylinder 160 HP engine has great low end power, and it is faster then the Ford Escape's V6 model. The engine is very smooth, very quiet, and very refined. It pulls 1,500 lbs trailer like it was nothing. The auto transmission shifts smooth as silk. The build quality is fantastic, and you can tell the engineers put lots of thought and imagination into designing the interior.

Forever a Honda Owner
By Northeastern on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a previous Accord/Civic/3 time Passport Owner. The 2002 CRV attracted my attention when they redesigned the interior/exterior and made it more powerful. I too experience the clicking noise and really notice it when at a drive-up MAC machine or in the drive thru at McD's or BK. What is this Honda???? The front passenger side got cheated for leg room but; hey, I never sit there... I love the reclining rear seats! The CRV has lots more storage room than the Passport. I still have not experienced the listed gas mileage. I trust Honda's reliability because I do not have time to take a vehicle to the shop!

Honda CRV-EX the pick of the litter
By Kenny on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle drives and rides so much better than the competitors. The power is there...much more than the gas hog Liberty and the considerably better than the Escape(why get a mini-suv with full size suv mileage. I considered the features the price the different levels of build quality and the drastic difference in reliability and I do not understand why anyone would get past the preliminary invesigation of the other vehicles. Advice to Honda..Make More CRVs and let people test drive them. I had to put a deposit on mine while some of my friends bought what was available i.e. Fords or Jeeps and now they wish they had waited.

Everything but the seat
By KenC on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Compared all small SUBs,and felt CRV superior in all aspects including price. Every three months I am very pleased with it overall, but do have a major concern. I cannot get comfortable in driver's seat. I am only 5'8" but no matter how I tilt back I am uncomfortable within a few minutes. It may be the lumbar (I would like to be able to turn it off) or the the contour of the seat. I have tried a variety of seat cushions but none of them have signicantly helped. As much as I like how it handles and drives, I am concerned about my level of comfort on a long trip.

A great car for all ages.
By vovak on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It is big, powerfull and fun to drive. I was able to fit 3 pairs of skis and two passangers with comfort. Also great for my other outdoor activities.

Great Suv
By lcarbonn on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This new suv seems to hit the area up here in the northeast. While i don't do heavy off roading,i comes in handy when i do need it. I got 25.8 miles per gallon on the first tank with a little interstate driving. Everything seems to be what we want. I have 625 miles on it and can't wait to drive it more.Our other car was a 1997 honda accord ex. So what a move!

EXTREMELY PLEASED
By twills on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Three weeks old and loving it. I have owned Hondas before and went astray, never again. I am thrilled with it. Engine seems more like a 6 cylinder. I hope I get as good service as I did my prior Hondas. Highly recommend.

Awesome
By melike on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Fun to drive

Perfect, almost
By Greg in L.A. on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was drawn by the exceptional improvements over the 2001. The rear wheel disc brakes, metal timing chain, greater interior space, the 100,000 tune-ups, and the greater engine size/power, for the 2002 left the 2001 CRV in the dust.