Used 2001 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

I am a Hondaholic!
By alvarado4pack

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my CRV new in 2001 and loved it since. I have had no problems with it, I just get the oil changed every 3k miles and do the minor maint like tires, brakes and have fluids checked. I put almost 70k miles on it. It is very reliable. I feel safe in it too. It is a bit heavier than the new models, not as "flimsy". It has alot of space in the back. We travel a lot across country and we can fit all our luggage in the back. We will always have Hondas. I will drive it until it dies!

everything

Needs more power

Going the distance
By dave

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new to use for work. Had heard great things about Honda reliability and despite it's small size, my 6'3, 250 lb. mass fit pretty well. Wise choice. By any objective, practical measure, this has been an outstanding car. I flog it relentlessly and in 163,000 miles it has never let me down. In fact, except for scheduled maintenance items, nothing has ever gone wrong with it. Delivers 21 city and 27 on the road at 75mph, also will plow thru even deep snow effortlessly with it's seamless on demand AWD system. Always has looked a bit weird, but the inherent goodness grows on you. No plans on replacing it as I see no reason why it won't go another 100,000 miles... still runs like new.

Build quality, comfort (though it is a little noisy), anvil like reliability, gas mileage.

Quiet the cabin. Actually, I just rode in a new one and they have.

Very reliable but a bit uncomfortable
By shawn

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car this one. With oil changes it goes and goes with only minor repairs. I will definitely buy a Honda again just not a CRV. Our kids are getting older and the back seat is the most uncomfortable rear seat I have ever sat in. The kids hate it! Very poor rear seat design. Other than that a good little car. Perfect for two people.

Reliability pure and simple. Hondas are superior quality made cars.

I would suggest that our military use the rear seats to torture prisoners. Just let them sit there and drive them around for two hours and they'll be willing to give up any secrets. Just bad design. Very uncomfortable.

Good Deal
By ATL

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fun and easy to drive. Sometimes lack power, but it is expected with a 4cyl. Have to change the AWB drive fluid every one-two years to fix the squeaking noise when making a sharp turn. Gas mileage ok.

AWD, picnic table in trunk.

More power and more comfortable seats

Honda is the Bomb
By CQ

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owned this CR-V from the beginning. Has 165,000 miles on it and no issues or problems. Changed the brakes at 100,000 miles and changing the timing belt next week other then that just the normal oil changes. Hondas and Toyotas are the only make I will buy.

for a smaller SUV the driver and passenger sides are very roomy. good on gas.

none