Used 2014 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
EXL Sedan great value
By adansereau on 03/05/15 05:46 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 74 car !! Went back to a Civic Exl from an Accord sport 2013 I guess I like smaller cars. I see some complain about gas mpg and this is all about your right foot. the Accord could range from low 20s to well over 40 as to the Civic, high 20s to 41 42 when being careful. Love the keyless entry , blind side, the car really has great features, and has a sporty feeling. Plain and simple this is a lot of car for the money !!!!

Solid Honda Engineering
By scottywood on 01/18/15 21:08 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We got a great deal on a lease and traded in a Prius that needed a new hybrid battery pack. Honda has always been my wife's favorite. This is our third new Honda. All you do is change the oil and put in gas. You can't kill it. It just keeps going. We have the base LX, but it is still a beautiful car with excellent fit and finish. It doesn't lack any features that we miss. The interior is pretty with hard ugly plastics mostly banished and replaced with soft colorful materials. Gas mileage is great and we achieved the E.P.A. estimate of 39 m.p.g.on a long highway trip.

Gas mileage and NAVI not as expected
By nicastm on 11/25/14 11:03 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The gas mileage is definitely not as I expected. My 2006 Civic EX that I traded in had better gas mileage with over 100,000 miles on it. I have it set with ECON all the time and I feather the gas petal to a point that I almost get in an accident for slow acceleration, and still only get 34-36 MPG at best. I have yet to get over 380 miles on a tank full. I use to get 425 plus on my 2006 Civic with the same gas tank size. Also, the NAVI system is terrible. No spoken street names for a 2014 model???, are you kidding. Plus it is not very intuitive and can't make changes as you drive. Big waste of money. The only good thing is there is no other GPS device mounted to the dash.

Best Compact for Commuting...go with EX Trim
By tgrit68 on 11/16/14 12:40 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Put aside the sporty and nifty handling of the Mazda3 and Ford Focus because what most commuters want for the 5-day grind is a smooth riding highway vehicle with low cockpit noise, and that's where the Honda Civic excels. I have been getting 33 mpg combined in city/highway driving or about 400 miles before the next refuel. On really long highway trips with the ECON button on, I have hit 40 mpg! The EX trim is where the value lies for commuters...rear disc brakes, auto headlights and "pothole friendly" 16 inch tires with beautiful alloy rims.

Best Compact by Far
By medford41 on 11/14/14 15:10 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Recently purchased a new 2014 Honda Civic EX Sedan. Test drove a Toyota Corolla, Mazda 3, and Kia Forte. No comparison to the Civic.

LOVE IT!
By jackowen112592 on 09/18/14 15:27 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I leased my 2014 EX Sedan in late July and now have almost 400 miles on it. I had a 2012 EX Sedan before this and I think this car is way better!. The steering feels better weighted, maybe even sportier, plus this car is quiet whereas my 2012 was loud. I love the backup camera and the LaneWatch monitor because I had neck surgery last year. I also looked at the Subaru Forester but I didn't want an SUV and wanted good traction because Chicago winters can get messy, so the Civic fit the bill and it has FWD so yes, my Civic can handle the snow just like my old one did. The Honda's interior is modern whereas the Subaru looked outdated.

Best car I've had. Major improvement over 2012 model
By jackowen112592 on 09/05/14 23:27 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I leased this car and I've had it for a little over a month now, and I just LOVE this car!. I got a bang for my buck!. I had a 2012 EX prior to this car and this car is eons better!. The styling is awesome!. The steering is sportier, the interior is better built and I love the push button start, LaneWatch and backup camera. I need a backup camera due to limited range of motion from surgery. I pay $80 less than I did for my 2012 but get more for my money. The car rides smoothly but don't expect it to be like my Mom's Lexus or even my Dad's Acura though. I was originally going to get a Subaru for good traction for Illinois winters but the Subaru felt dull and dated compared to my new Civic.

Very Uncomfortable Seats!
By beachbum78 on 08/21/14 18:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car one month and my back is getting worse by the day. Have tried the seat repositioning and adding support cushions to no avail. I have one more orthopedic cushion on order to try. My husband's back went out after a 30 minute ride (he's 5'-10 and I'm 5'-4" - not overweight) and my 70-lb. 12 yr old niece also complains of back pain in this car. Leased through Honda Financial Service and they do not allow any transfers of leases (i.e. leasetrader or swapalease). After researching this further, many Honda seat complaints have been posted in recent years. (Oh - the dealer said they will take it back in a trade - at a $3000 loss to me!!)

Awesome Civic
By civicman4 on 08/04/14 01:40 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2014 Civic LX sedan with the CVT transmission in July 2014. Have owned it for about 1 month and currently have about 1000 miles on it. Love it so far! Averaging about 35 miles per gallon and getting about 400 miles to the tankful! Power is adequate for most driving conditions and the car is fun to drive. Seats are very comfortable and this car has a ton of features for the money (I paid $16,700 not including tax and license). If you're looking for a safe, reliable, economical car, this is it.

Was misinformed concerning gas mileage
By garten1 on 07/27/14 11:14 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

April, I bought a 2014 EXL honda civic. I had a list what the car must have. Gas mileage was top on the list. I live 30 miles from town, all 75 miles hi-way. I use cruse, Econ button, and and stay in the green dash light. I have yet to see 40 mpg or even close to that mileage. The car has 3000+ miles and the Dealer said the car would get better mileage with the summer gas and once the car passed 1500 miles The car is averaging 27/33.