2002 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 8

2002 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
i only buy hondas
By MICHELLE c on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

although i have a 4 cylinder it rides very well very economically sufficient for my needs has lots of child saftey features.

My Little Munchkin
By Munchkin on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Terrible on uphill freeway entrance. If you drive fast watch the tranny fluid level it burns up FAST!! thats $3500 i wish i didnt have to spend Honda said "Its not a Race Car" when they replaced the tranny!! Got squished between 2 cars on the freeway and now the tailpipe drags on big bumps. Watch that front bummper you'll lose it in a big DIP. Shes been broken into TWICE !

Wonderful Car
By TCraigmo on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Just because you drive an economy car doesn't mean you have to settle for a sub par vehicle. Civic gives me a good fun ride with better handling than any economy car I have ever drove. Hint - get the 5 speed manual transmission, provides a lot more get up than the automatic.

Mixed Feelings
By deejay on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Faulty cab light was replaced by the dealer. Vinyl molding by the drivers side gets loose and have to be pushed in place. Defrot only with the AC on is very irritating. Sometimes fails to start for no apparent reason. Brakes jerk when applied hard. Apart from that, fun car to drive. Paid a high price. I have owned both domestic and imports, Ford to VW to Toyota. I believe this is the best.

my favorite car
By TERESA on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

what can I say about my civic. this will be the second one I have owned. I gave up my ford explorer for my civic and I don't reget it. It is so fun to drive and zippy. I fits in small places, witch means less door dings from other cars because thier doors don't reach it. I can't say enough about my civic. I tell everyone they should own one. It fits a small family, I have to children, and they tell me they have plenty of room in the back. they like my zippy car, as they call it.

Good overall but quality lags
By Chavalier on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I found a 2002 EX - that was traded-in with virtually no miles on it. I like it very much - I had a Civic Hatchback for nearly 10 years with virtually no problems and was so inexpensive to run. I do like this car it suits my needs is larger than the Hatchback I had. I test drove a 2003 - hated the new dials and found the engine to be noisey. So far with the '02, I have few complaints. I hope to have it for another 10yrs - unless I can find a good RollsRoyce cheap!

should/could/would be a fun car...
By kjiang on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

since we bought this 2002 Civic we haven't had good experience at all: 1. Fuel Drinker: 20-22 short distances and 30-31 highways. 2. Noisy: some noise local drive and can-not-stand-anymore noise on highways. 3. Terrible breaks: when step a little harder on the break it becomes really sudden break which scares me every time. 4. Glitch Transmission: when change from one speed level to another the transmission is not smooth at all (big glitch & noise). P.S. we're very regret that we bought this not satisfying at all car (will NEVER buy Honda again...)

Good car
By KathyMD on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my civic. I am sad to have to trade it in, but this car just can't cut it in the snow, and I get a lot of snow where I live. But otherwise I have no complaints. It is reliable, considerably fast for a 127 hp, the stock stereo system is pretty good.

This car has been Great!
By LJW71 on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

This honda civic ex has great mileage.I've been getting ctiy/Highway.37mph.The cd player sounds great.This car works for me. I have 17,850 miles and no problems.Reliability has been Great.

Probably the best compact car
By alexi on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

No problems with this car. Drives well and one of the most spacious interiors in a compact car. It handles well both in the city and on highway. Excelent turning and decent hill climbing. The seats are comportable and there is enough head and feet room both in front and in the back. I like the new design (looks a little bit like the VW passat). The trunk is very large for such a small car. I was able to squeeze in my daughter's crib without opening the original box. Lowest cost of ownership.