Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

No more honda's for this family
By chicagotomtom

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like many reviews before me on this site, we've owned honda's our whole life, and bought the 2009 V6 Accord based on our the value and reliability that Honda built is reputation on...well, we were thinking about buying the new Pilot to replace our 2002 CRV, but after our poor experience with the quality of our 2009 Accord, it's time to try another car manufacturer. Already have the rear disc brakes replaced due as a part of the class action lawsuit, the driver side lumber controls stopped working at 30k miles, and continue to have issues with the battery/starter. I had originally planned to drive the car into the ground like we've done with all our other honda's, but want to sell it now.

The V6 does perform well with 270 hp and solid gas mileage. Lots of room in the back seat for the kids/car seats, and was a good value (I thought).

Quality and reliability are no longer Honda's core competencies.

My hard earned money down the drain!
By mccray35453

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had purchased my 2009 Accord in Nov. '11. the brakes sqweaked the next day, and still is now! Had taken the car to Midas, and was told the brakes looks brand new. Yet, sqweeking! The arm rest is wrinkled/bubble. I had read where someone said "the dealer" it was due to body oils. No one sits in the passenger side of my car, so why it it wrinkled/bubbled?! The trunk rattles like nobody's business, the AC makes a funny noise when on low, like it needs oil. Same Honda doesn't stand behind their vehicles, but then again, with these complaints, I would stand behind them either...physically! Here I come Nissan!

The use of the key fob to open/close windows/sunroof.

Listen to the people! Softer leather, durable armrest,

Dis. Like.
By moitz

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Honda, and the first one I dislike. It's overly large, poorly built, and does not live up to Honda's legendary reliability and build quality. The exterior is not unpleasant to look at, and with the EX V6, the sunroof, chrome trim, and rims don't detract. However, the interior is way too heavy on plasticy bits, the carpet feels cheap, and things rattle like a 1990s GM product. Too many buttons, etc. Performance-wise, the auto transmission is atrocious. I've taken to manually shifting it when I need to get into 1st in a hurry. The gas mileage is awful (17 on a 70/30 city highway split, maybe 25 on the highway). However, the engine is smooth and powerful.

The 6 cyl. Despite the AWFUL gas mileage, it's smooth and powerful, and quiet. The Eco mode is pretty cool. The ride quality is what I'd expect from Honda - firmer than your usual US car, but not what I'd call sporty.

Honda needs to ban the pleather door inserts. Go back to cloth for the cloth seats, leather for the leather seats. Upgrade the carpet and padding. Wayyyy less buttons on the center stack. Fix the problem that you can't see the radio display when the sun is even remotely shaving on it. Far less hard plastic.

Shocked that I HATE this car
By jrs4682

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Accord and I hate it. I have replaced all 4 door locks, the lumbar control in the drivers seat, Airbag sensors. The seats are so uncomfortable, I cant drive more than 30 minutes without being in pain. I get car sick when I am riding in the passenger seat due to the road noise and feeling every bump. I have NEVER had a problem with my other Accords only this one but overall I am not happy with this purchase at all and I will be trading in ASAP.

3+ Years and 55,000 miles - The Good and the Bad
By markm1960

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Accord is well built with little or no rattles or squeaks. The brake issues have been well documented, I got over 22,000 miles on mine before replacement - most was covered by the class action suit. This vehicle drives very well but road noise is an issue. It handles well, especially around town. The headrests are slung too far forward for comfort, but I was able to adjust my seat more vertically to compensate. I have also worked the head rest back and forth and this has loosened it up a bit. The interior is refined and the controls are intuitive once I got the hang of them. Overall this is a very good car. I would be great with better noise control and a different head rest.

Running around town - this car handles very well for a larger sedan. The steering is solid, the transmission is very well mated to the engine. The car does not rattle and I still think the interior looks refined - the car is paid off and I see no reason to get rid of it. I plan to drive it for years to come.

Honda needs to make "road noise" reduction a priority, it is silly for a car this well made to be so noisy. They blew it on the brakes and I hope the lesson was learned. The seats are a bit stiff and the head rests were apparently designed by their corporate attorneys - with little chance of backlash and even less of achieving comfort. The ride can be a bit harsh but I am not sure I am willing to give up any handling to achieve a softer ride, we have lots of round-abouts and the Accord makes them fun to negotiate. The trunk is a bit small, especially with the arm bars, but I understand this is a concession to the Accord's unique suspension which I really like.

• SUV