Used 2009 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Good car but with issues
By Mike

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Enjoyable car to drive overall BUT: Overkill driver side lumbar pushing on back. Auto shifts pretty jerky in lower gears. 4 cyl versions have flickering headlights whenever a/c used. BRAKES!!! I'm an EZ driver and well just google 2008, 2009 brake problems and you'll see for yourself.

Many-Some are engine-nicely designed interior and instrument cluster- windows down with fob-sound system- Overall fit and finish etc.

RECALL for brakes or at least warranty for premature wear and rotor warp. Fix flickering lights-Smoother auto trans- redesign driver seat.

Would not buy again
By pissed

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 18000 miles I had to have new back breaks put on. The leather is fading inside already - car is garage kept. Noise is really is ridiculous. Got 21k on it now and would trade it in if I could and get something else. Should have just saved my money and got the 4cylinder instead.

the power in the 6cl is great, seats are comfortable, great a/c

The coin holder is very hard to get into, road noise is very, very bad, they can put MPG display in the civics for 20grand, but cannot in a 30k car. Unbelievable.

Early problem with rear brakes
By Asif

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Accord for close to 2 years now and it runs beautifully and I am very happy with my purchase. But there are 2 things, I would like to bring to other buyers notice. First, when it had about 20,000 miles, there was a cranky noise when you start it cold. Took to dealer and they changed the alternator for free. The other issue was noise from rear brakes and I had to finally replace them, with my own money. Feel it was too early for brakes to wear out and make noises (I am not an adventurous driver).

Fix the brakes and alternator problem.

Great Car
By CBS

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love the larger size of the car. Took a 600 mi road trip last weekend and got 33 mpg. Good power for the engine. Seats are comfortable and the ride is great.

Leather seats and stereo.

Homelink without having to buy the V-6.

A disappointing purchase
By violin8

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2009 as my 5th Honda accord, and couldn't be sorrier. My previous ones were excellent, so I didn't pay as much attention as I should have to this model. After 40 min. the seat is so uncomfortable, I have to get out and give myself a break. It feels like concrete inside it. The road noise on trips is unbelievable. I really miss my 2003 accord and regret trading up to this model.

the color

Lack of seat comfort, loud road noise, and a general feeling that Honda has really compromised its integrity and high quality it has always been known for.