2009 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
2009 Honda Accord Failure
By rockwell on 04/01/09 10:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2009 Accord LX-P because of my pleasure with a 2003 Accord I own. I must say the driver's seat for a six footer is the most uncomfortable I have ever used. My back hurts after 15 minutes of driving the vehicle. I will try a seat cushion and hope it helps. I test drove the car before purchasing and did not notice the discomfort. But after driving it more I now notice. It feels like a lumbar support is engaged but the car does not have lumbar support.

Driving Experience
By WjBarnes on 03/31/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This Honda Accord is a very nice automobile overall; however, I find there is above average road noise. The front beverage holders are not able to hold two small coffees since one of the holders is deep .

Don't buy 2009 Honda Accord V6
By David Ga. on 03/30/09 14:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2009 Honda Accord V6 surges up and down hills. The Honda service department says this is NORMAL operation. If you are looking for a car with a nice ride, don't look at the 2009 Honda Accord V6.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L without Navi.
By MattB on 03/28/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my Accord for a few months now. I honestly don't know what everyone complains about. I drive pretty rough (college kid) and my MPG is always around 25. When I drive home it is nothing for me to get 30+ MPG. GREAT gas mileage on mine! There was a rattle in the sunroof, brakes squeal after a few months. Notified Honda, USA about it. Both suddenly stopped after a week. Backseat is very comfy, but driver seat can take its toll on me when driving home. VERY smooth ride, for those that care the exhaust is pretty good, leather is a good quality leather unlike Hyundai, the build quality is... wow amazing! I would def. buy another Honda (this is my first one). Paid $26,500.

Best Choice on the Market
By Mike on 03/19/09 12:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had always thought of Accords as boring sedans, after over a month of test driving at least 15 cars it was clearly the best choice. I looked at all competing mid-size sedans along with a few luxury mid-size sedans, there was no comparison. The Accord is as nice as the 3 series BMW but the quality and reliability blows it out of the water. The Camry was just ok, but I personally prefer the sporty tight driving Accord.

Excellent for the Money
By Next Batman on 03/17/09 09:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2006 VW Passat and I loved it. 75000 miles in just 2 years... Commuting to work 165 every day. I looked for another Passat and WOW! The minimum sales tag was 28,000 bucks.. No way! Then I start to look into something more affordable and I found the new Accord. My wife has a Odyssey and we both love it. No problems at all, meaning none! So, I went for Honda blind bet and until now was a good decision, especially for the money. There is no car available for 21,000 with all those features. You want a better car? Prepare to spend more. Nissan Altima is a good competitor but no need to mention resale value. Happy but is not the Audi A4 I dream with.

Where's the MPG?
By sunmoonroof on 03/12/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My second Accord. The reliability and resale value are unbeatable. The ride is firm, but it has a sporty feel to it. The seats are quite comfortable. I love the sound system that adjusts it's volume to the speed of the car. The center of the dash is very cluttered. Driven the car 5000+ miles and still have to take my eyes off the road just to tune the radio. Too many buttons. The MPG is a major disappointment. Bought the 4 cylinder hoping for the advertised 30 MPG. Not even close. 26 is the best I've ever achieved; after 2 straight hours of interstate driving. Usually 22-24, with a low of 21 MPG. Sad for a 4 cylinder.

Transmission went bad after 2 days
By Robert on 03/09/09 09:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 2 days of driving I got transmission light. Vehicle needs new transmission. Honda refuses to buy back this vehicle. Last time I am buying Honda.

Bad Choice of buying Accord
By Shekar on 03/02/09 19:48 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the accord 2009lx-p (auto trans) metal metallic in dec2008. I made choice of buying the accord bcos of its good exterior, interiors, ample leg room and better mileage as one expects of Japanese cars. But some of them are not up to my expectations. I got 14-16 mpg in city and 24-26 mpg since I bought this car. Even acura tl is better than this 2.4l accord as I got 20,26 mpg city/highway. The seats are very uncomfortable and I often feel back pain when I drive long. Bcos the car is too wide, the driver cannot rest left arm on the left arm rest of the door. Too much of road noise. I wish I bought Toyota Camry or acura tl. I recomm every one to buy Camry if u are not concerned with good acceleration.

Made wrong decision?
By Bob Conklin on 03/01/09 17:27 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This newly designed Honda is peppy and enjoyable to drive but don't believe the fuel economy ratings. We are responsible, experienced adult drivers and only seeing 17-18 MPG for local driving. Long, highway driving about 22 MPG. Also, cheap plastic on dash squeaks and creaks during cold weather. Plus,auto shifter clunky and not smooth. FM radio with weak reception forces satellite subscription. Suggest comparison drive of the new Chevrolet Malibu and Nissan Altima before deciding on Accord.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Accord Sedan in NJ is:

$213 per month*