Used 2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Runs and feels brand new!
By Pete

My 1st and Last Honda
By isabel4

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car as a lease for 2 1/2 years.
After 2 months that's when the problems started.
1st, the breaks squealed really bad...it took me a year of arguing with Honda to finally have them fixed after a service bulletin.
Then my air conditioning started to make noises, they claim they cannot hear it and nothing is wrong.
Sometimes it sounds like metal scraping metal, other times like someone is honking at me.
Its much louder then having my music blasting.
My steering wheel clicks when I turn, again they claim nothing is wrong.
Now at my last oil change they said my rear brake pads needed changing.
I don't even have 30,000 miles on the car yet.
Glad I leased it! 4 more months...

Color, Body Style

Build the cars to the quality people are used too...not with all the problems. Brakes, air conditioning, steering.

Not so great!
By cel5000

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my Lexus 06 IS250 for this based on Honda's reputation and the fact that my wife's 04 Accord has been a great car. I was initially impressed with the styling which led to the test drive. Power is impressive and the ride is harsh but the payoff is in the handling. I just turned 14K and have noticed a slight brake shimmy at highway speeds so there may be something to all the complaints logged here. I also have the "bumpy" feel to the driver seat when adjusting forward or back. My dealer told me that Honda is working on a solution for this - we'll see. Overall it's a good car that is reliable but, in my option, not as great as it's predecessor.

Exterior styling, ample interior space and large trunk. Handling. Power. Fuel economy. MP3 jack.

Road noise, Brakes, bumpy seat tracks. Does Honda ever read this stuff? Hey - FIX IT! At least offer HID if you don't want to include it on the fully optioned vehicles. Same goes for keyless ignition and tiptronic shifting. The "premium" sound system is anything but. Going for G37 coupe next round.

Transmission slippage
By NJDOC373

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over all I am happy to have bought my Accord Coupe V6. It's a fun car, handles good, lots of power. Recently though, I've been aggravated by the transmission slipping in and out of gear when when I'm trying to maintain a constant speed on the highway. I can actually see the tach. spike 200-400 rpms and then fall back into gear, with an accompanying pulse of acceleration. It's very annoying. The dealership seems to be avoiding the possibility that this problem exists and recently I spoke with the owner of the carwash I use and his accord and four other owners he's spoken to have had similar transmission problems - some worse than mine. I fear an ugly battle with Honda in my future.

The brakes clunk when going from reverse to forward.

Best Coupe Under $40K Available
By PeasterBunny

2009 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the Infinit G35 (great drive, terrible interior), the Altima Coupe (good drive, just not great), the BMW 3 Series (good drive, OVERPRICED) the Mercedes C230 (rides like a Buick), & the Toyota Camry Solara (chunky drive like the Mercedes). None of these cars compare to the Honda Accord V6 Coupe. The only ride I liked better was the G35 but it's a rear wheel drive. And for that price it doesn't come with an ipod hook-up?!?!?! No other car even came close to the Accord as far as value and ride. YOU WILL LOVE IT! But drive the others so you have that, 'ha-ha! I got the best one' feeling. It's lovely.

Power off the line AND at cruise. Maneuverability is pristine. Awesome stereo. A great value if you negotiate well. And last but not least the Belize Blue color (I'm a girl! I have to look pretty!)

Lumbar support should move up/down as well as in/out. Needs the auto-dimming rearview. Ride is slightly stiff. I KNOW! It should be, but I am hoping it softens just a tad after it's broken in. It should so no worries there.