Glad I'm not alone....
By mrsag on
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I bought my 08' with 16k miles on it. Currently it has 48800 on it and I've replaced the brakes once (front and rear) although I am feeling like I am close to a second set already. I am also having the rattle at cold start and losing oil like crazy. Also seems to drop at idle and has even stalled a few times which is terrifying when you are at a stop on a highway!!! Dealership where I bought it is a toyo dealership so are unfamiliar with Honda issues. Did purchase a warranty through them so hoping they can figure it out after I've managed to do all the research for them.
Favorite Features
Look of the car is great, sporty, and handles well.
Suggested Improvements
Interior is loud, I agree with the paint being cheap, and the seats being uncomfortable. Just got a door ding that took all the paint with it. All in all I do like the car but am concerned about the potential damage that can be done while the car is losing oil and with the dropped rpms at idle which can cause it to stall out. Having to add a quart every 1000 miles is not normal and I only put synthetic in it so it isn't cheap. Definitely having buyers remorse and wishing I would have researched this car more before purchasing.