Used 2008 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Very Good Car for middle class sedans
By Happy Driver

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 8 months ago with 40K miles and it is great car. I have driven Accord 03, 06, and this one is 08 - all are good to perfect. I am not sure why some people are giving bad reviews. The last generation Accords use the same moving parts (engine (4 cylinders), transmission, etc.) as in 05, 06, 07. By doing by extensive research many people, that posted reviews here, have some interest in Detroit automakers (Ford, GM). Union may be? That is why the are bashing Honda here to make people to, at least, look at Ford Fusion or Malibu. No question, those cars are great inside BUT drive them for +60K and you will see the difference between Accord ad them. Enough said...

Favorite Features

Nothing as of now

Suggested Improvements

Make it better looking, close to European style

2 1/2 year review
By markhamaccord

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2nd Accord, but probably my last. Fuel economy better than I expected city 24 mpg and hwy 34 mpg. But the overall build quality of the car appears inferior to my previous 1998 Accord EXL (especially paint and leather). Currently have 60,000 miles on it. Also noticing rear brake issue and flickering headlights while a/c on. Despite having 10 speakers, still not the best sounding system. I don't think the car will last as long as my previous accord did and is still doing!

Favorite Features

Lots of interior space and large trunk, can easily fit 2 large suitcases and other stuff. Also, fuel economy pretty good. Interior dashboard lighting very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Improved paint quality, easily chips and scratches. Flicker of headlights when a/c on should be fixed. Better quality of leather, mine is starting to crack on drivers side.

Expensive grocery getter
By Frank

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is not comfortable the front seats are like sitting on a park bench, small, no padding and the leather is cheap. Cheap plastic interior with too many buttons on the ugly dash. Road noise is awful and the brakes are pathetic. Honda has a recall on this car and when i brought the car to the dealer they said the brakes on this thing were ok. V6 engine is a noisy winder when stepping on the pedal hard what a joke. I'm dumping this piece of overrated Honda and looking at the Ford Fusion or the Buick LaCrosse. Honda has taken there so called reliability and threw out the door with new generation Honda

Favorite Features

None will never buy a Honda again.

Suggested Improvements

Anyone looking to buy this car will be sorry

Reoccuring loss of Power
By sweetman2go

2008 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the 2nd Honda I have owned a 2008 Honda accord 2.4L cyl since 2008 and I have had a recurrent loss of power on high speeds every year.The problem occurs randomly, and loss power drops to the point that it wouldn't go beyond 5-10 mph even with my foot pressed down on the gas pedal, during this time NO Engine check light comes on ,this has lasted up to an hour. I have called Honda every year to tell them about this and taken the car to 3 different dealership, all telling me that since there's no engine code there's nothing they can do. I had the same problem 2 days ago. Honda is a piece crap and this is my very last Honda. I recommend do not buy an Accord

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Honda customer service and quality is gradually eroding, it's just a matter of time before Hyundai becomes the best quality car or value, the Japanese are steadily losing it

Good car NOT great.
By p3racer

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 4th Honda, maybe our last. Reliability is very good. Our last Accord was 2000 EX-L V6 was fantastic. This 4 cyl is very noisy but cheaper. Radio display panel is a poor design. Very hard to read in daylight. This is a good car but I wish I had gotten a V6. My wife hates the radio display.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, Reliability

Suggested Improvements

1. Improve radio display panel. 2. Engine/road noise. 3. Boring styling.