2008 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
The car has been okay so far.
By Hush Mohai on 04/27/10 15:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Everything seems to work fine so far with about 21,000 miles. Except the automatic window button is broken very easily and now just need replacement of the broken hinge that holds the plastic button. Also, the brake squeals at times which has become more frequent and annoying since last week. I am not recommending friends to buy this sedan after I have learned that more newer models will be able to match and outperform this Honda. For example, Sonata will out mpg this Honda. Mazda6 will out corner and out accelerate this Honda. I wish I knew more about mid- size (or more correctly full-size) sedans before buying this Honda. However, so far it is okay.

Still satisfied
By 08Owner on 04/22/10 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I just went over the two year mark in terms of ownership and all that I can say is that I am still a satisfied Honda owner. I have over 42,000 miles on the car (mostly highway) and have had no major repairs. I have heard a lot of talk about the brake issue and at my last oil change the first inklings that it will bite were felt. It is not really the best car in the snow (Ohio) with the wide tires. It handles amazingly in all other conditions, however. The V6 is not the peppiest out there, but it ain't bad. It is very roomy, to the point that I think it might be a little too big for my liking. Gas mileage is great. In the summer I average around 27 mpg, mostly highway.

Same Problems
By ml8533 on 04/16/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm speechless to see that everyone is having the same problems as me. I have 30,000 and my wear indicators are making noise. Road noise is horrible, trans slips when it is cold, has used oil since day 1. Seats are hard and uncomfortable, I'm getting close to end of warranty and getting nervous. Why this engine needs to turn 2500 rpm to do 70 mph is hard to understand, I feel like I'm in the daytona 500.

Rather have a quiet BMW 328i
By tom on 04/07/10 09:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Last Honda I will buy unless they start to provide insulation. freeway road noise is so bad that you can't hear the satellite radio. Honda increased the size and scrapped all the insulation to save on costs. Worried about all the comments about brakes. Remote unreliable. Power steering motor constantly whines loudly and has been replace 3 times. it works but contributes to the overall unacceptable cabin noise.

Watch your brakes/gas mileage
By StlCards on 04/05/10 13:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Loved the new styling, reliability, and features in my Accord. Opted for the 4 cyl (190 horses) for the gas mileage vs. the V6. Considered the Camry (plain Jane interior)and the Maxima (a little expensive). After driving it for 2 years, I notice a whole bunch of these cars on the road.

Not a bad car
By Steveg on 03/31/10 13:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is just ok. I'm not crazy about the ride. Car handles ok, but the road noise is bad. Had to replace rear brakes at 28k. The seats aren't that comfortable. The doors feel really light and cheap. Awful in snow. No other problems besides the brakes. Good on gas for a six cylinder. Transmission shifts are jerky for an automatic trans.

Quality as a luxury car
By sergio on 03/26/10 23:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Driving my Accord v6 for almost two years I can tell you what powerful and very comfortable is this car. I really like the interior, looks like a luxury car to me.

Brake, remote, driver's window,cd player
By ceni on 03/24/10 00:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda i bought and i think is the last one. Have had all kind of problems with it, starting with the driver's window too noisy, rear brakes worn too fast , one of the remotes was out in 6 months, mechanical problem with the CD player. you name it. Never Accord again, and never on Oakville Honda again, very poor service.

Brakes--be careful
By NKPHX on 03/20/10 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car except the rear brakes.The front brakes last 3 to 4 times longer than the rear. That never happens, the front disc always wear out first. Honda design flaw and the won't admit they have a problem.

Good car
By BELLA275 on 03/15/10 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Accord, after trading in a Civic. I actually love the car, despite the reviews. I have to admit, I had my rear brakes replaced. My car was making a weird noise and when i took it to the dealer, I was told that the brakes have sensors. The dealer did not charge me a penny. I guess because they know that there is a brake problem. They told me that models 2008-2010 get free rear brakes for three years. So to those who own this car, make sure you are offered the same deal.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.