Used 2008 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 777 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car I've owned
By Jason

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well I thought I might try and inform future buyers of this car so that they can better understand what to expect from it. The only bad things about this car I can say is the exterior paint is very easily swirled and scratched and the "entertainment" of the car is very bland. It's a plain Jane car. However you very soon realize just how well built this car is and how reliable a Honda can be. I've put very little money into this car and when I do it's very cheap. I bought it with 83000 miles and we just hit 110000 and it runs as strong as a new accord. I plan to drive this car to the ground and I think it might stop running when it hits 500000 miles. Bottom line you can't go wrong with this car, everything is average of above average when looking at this car.

Great Car
By H

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Honda Accord
By Linda

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My problem is the $1000.00 maintenance requirement (not covered by the warrantee) at 100,000 miles. Something about a timing belt. Other than that it has been a great car.

Don't ever buy the accord.
By Drew

2008 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car because I needed something good on gas and not 30,000 dollars.
- the rear brakes went bad at 40,000 miles
- the front bumper stated sagging down from the Hood and headlights
- can't get over the road noise. I blast the radio every time I drive it.
- the car nudges when acceleration like the car not getting enough gas. Does have good power over 3500 rpm.
- the seats are hard. Back hurts after long drives. Feels like you are sitting on a blanket with a piece of plywood on top. I thought when I brought it the seats would break in over time. Not this car. The seats are as hard as the day I got it. Now has 80000 miles on it.
- chrome paint on grill is flaking off. Paint on hood started comming off. Looked like it was bubbling underneath the paint then every time I washed it I loosed paint. Has the hood painted at 50000 miles. I still can't get over the hood getting painted. I mean every time you get in the car and look out the window you always see the hood.
- overall I still own the car. I wish I sold it to a couple who wanted it more than I did. I've had Hondas in the past. But this one has the be the least one I like. The others were a 1986 crx. That was the most fun Honda I ever drove. It was fast good on gas everything. Next was a 1996 accord. It ran and drive fine when I sold it. Nothing went wrong with it.
All said and done. For new honda owners test driving a car does not tell you everything. I know a lot of cars have the good things and the bad things about them. I brought my honda because at the time were the best selling cars. It looked cool sporty and in my price range. My 1990 mustang looks better and had no problems like the accord. But I don't think I'll buy another Honda. Ever

Excellent Vehicle
By GF

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Accord new, it now has 102,000 miles and is eight years old. I replaced the rear brakes twice during the first 30,000 miles of ownership. The front brakes are the original brakes (hard to believe). The rear brakes have not been replaced since the redesign (70,000 miles on the rear pads). The only other problems I've had are the sway bar bushings and the SRS module. The SRS module was replaced by the dealer free of charge even though the car had over 100,000 miles (Thank you Fisher Honda, Harry Snyder is the best service representative I have ever encountered). The car has never burned a drop of oil and handles all elements well here in Colorado with Nokian WRG3 tires. It's been a very comfortable car overall, however the road noise is high compared to other vehicles in it's class. In fact, my only significant complaint is the road noise. I've considered replacing it, but it just drives too well to replace. It drives almost the same as when I drove it off the lot, I'll probably keep it 2-3 more years as long as it remains trouble free. Just a great car.