2008 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
This Car Helped Save My Life
By macy1022 on 03/01/13 07:33 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 14,000 miles on it in 04/2009. With the exception of a brake repair fairly early on I had no problems with it. The interior did feel a little cheap compared to my two previous Honda Accords (1994, 2000), but it didn't bother me too terribly. I was driving this car home when I was rear ended by a distracted driver. I was stopped in traffic, and he hit me at around 50 MPH. The force of the crash deployed the airbags and totaled out the car. It was unrecognizable. Yet despite the severity of the crash, I had few injuries thanks to this Honda and its safety features. That car saved my life, and I will forever be grateful that I was driving it that day.

HONDA NO MORE
By divakeys on 02/14/13 08:48 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had been a Honda owner for years....Loved them. Bought the 2008 Honda Accord, new. Rear brakes went on it 2x before the fronts. Honda did nothing for me....said there was a class-action law suit, and too bad for me as I was too late. Then, it was running out of oil in between changes. I have never put a drop of oil in any of my vehicles in between 3000 mile oil changes. Honda said it was normal. I could not believe that they asked me to believe this. Then , there was no oil being pumped into the engine when I started it. Enough for me. I sold it, and 2 weeks later they recalled the car for the same probs. I had complained about. They never reimbursed me for anything. Sayonara.

96,000 miles in 4.5 years
By khansen0522 on 01/21/13 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, not excellent. No major problems after 96k miles. pluses are DECENT gas mileage. I get 27 combine with the 4cyl. very roomy, no mechnical failures. Good solid, dependable car. Minuses are the same as others (maybe my experiences arent quite as bad). i just put my 3rd set of rear brakes on. thats $260 worth. 2nd set of tires at 70k miles for $880 and a battery at 80k miles for $80. other than that its has been normal oil changes. I am slightly dissapointed with the paint, its not bad but i do a lot of highway driving and it doesnt hold up to the chips and bugs from the road. Paint seems very thin. also the center console bubbled on the leather, same as others.

Reliable car
By jthunders on 12/14/12 14:18 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Reading some of the reviews makes me wonder if I'm just lucky or if it has to do with people driving habits. I bought this car new in 2008, to date no major maintenance has been required. I have driven 70,000 miles and have not done anything other than oil changes and got new tires a month ago. Some people complained about the rattling near the back speakers which is a recall that was rectified when I first bought the car for free. Some complained about the brakes but I havent changed the brakes yet.

The Biggest Mistake of my Life
By mostinfamous3 on 08/12/12 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I brought this car Oct 07 brand new with 28 miles. Today I'm sitting in pure frustration as my car now needs a 3rd timing chain replacement and no Honda Tech can expain to me why my car keeps needing timing chains, first it was the rear brake pad issue, then it was the ridiculously small battery issue, this care is a money pit. I've spent over $3500 this year just to keep transportation to work. This will be my last Honda ever..hate it too, I've been loyal to Honda since '85

steering wheel column
By shellb92 on 05/25/12 07:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my car almost 2 yrs ago. It was cute car and great on gas. I bought it used so at first it needed a little work. I left the lot w the car and the car died, so they replaced the battery. Plus none of the car key remotes worked so they replaced all those batteries.

Still a great car
By azsoonerfan on 05/02/12 10:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my accord new back in July 2008. Currently have about 75,000 miles. This has a been a great car so far. The engine is smooth and has plenty of pull. It is a comfortable car for road trips, we frequenlty make a 5-6 hour drive to California with two small childern in the back, plenty of room for everyone. Still love the design of the car, has the look of a 5 series BMW. We average about 23mpg, mostly city driving. On the hwy, I have gotten up to 29mpg (setting the cruise to about 80mph). Here are the issues with this car. First, the door trim pops loose all the time, a quick push and it is back on, but a little annoying. Second, the rear brakes wear out too quickly.

Can't Wait to Sell It
By megake02 on 04/15/12 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our 1998 Accord Coupe was a better car - didn't need a repair until 185k. This car has proven to be reliable with nearly 80k on it (first set of brakes had to be replaced at 35k but second set it still fine at 45k). Changing lanes on the left side is downright scary due to very poor visibility and acceleration is poor. I live in congested NJ and you have to gun it to merge onto the highways and the 4 cyl doesn't cut it. The paint quality is also poor. I get the car hand washed monthly but I have two rust spots already. I see older dark colored Accords with faded paint and I am concerned The plan is to trade it in just before 100k so I can avoid replacing the timing belt and tires.

Disappointed
By nustar47 on 04/15/12 12:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have always been a Honda fan and it was the first car I considered when I downsized from 07 Infiniti M35 (I miss my baby). This car has been a disappointment. Noisy and shaking over 60mph. Sound system is ok. It has lots of room but I just can't get into it. Kinda regretting purchase. Bluetooth won't pair to phone.

Awesome alternative to BMW/Audi
By cvdood on 03/09/12 20:12 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Having been a Honda owner for 10yrs I wanted a change but didn't want to put up with the excessive cost of ownership of the Euro entry-luxe cars. I was going to replace my 4door Accord with the gorgeous Lexus IS350 but found this beauty on the lot and on the very first drive was sold. So much different than the 4door, super sporty, great looks and that engine, revs upto 8000rpm and begs to be driven hard. IMHO this is the only real life alternative to the mustang if you're looking for a sporty coupe with an eye towards your wallet and the resale value when you're ready for something new.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.